The Call

Your mom got up and answered the phone.

"Hello?"

"This is Ms. Summers, correct?"

"This is her."

"Okay great. This is Ms. Kelley, the counselor from the school. We just wanted to know if you and your daughter could come by tomorrow to talk about things?"

"Yeah. That shouldn't be a problem."

"This may be a difficult request, but we know that your daughter may be friends with Eddie Munson. Would it be okay if he could come along? We're thinking we might need him there. And, of course, correct me if I'm mistaken."

"Oh, yeah. No, they're friends. It shouldn't be a problem."

"Okay. Thank you so much."

"You're welcome."

Your mom hung up the phone. You and Eddie were watching her as she talked, both of you confused.

"Who was that mom?"

"That was your school counselor. She wants us there tomorrow."

"For what?"

"Just to talk."

Your face dropped. You knew what that meant. You've seen enough of it to know about it.

"Oh.."

"Also, Eddie, if you don't mind, could you stay tonight? We're gonna need you too."

"Why do they need Eddie?"

"She didn't say."

"Uh, yeah that's fine."

"Okay, good."

You then lost your appetite. You had only ate a little bit of your food anyway but now you didn't feel like eating it at all. You got up putting your food in a container for later. You then rinsed off your plate.

"You're not gonna finish your food?"

"It was very delicious mom, but I just lost my appetite."

They both looked at you with a sad expression. Your mom knew it too well since you did this anytime something bad happened. Eddie had a different idea but was hoping it wasn't it.

"I'll be in my room if you need me."

You then took off. They watched you walk away.

"Eddie, honey, if you wanna stay in her room, I'll allow it. I trust you not to do.. anything if you get where I'm coming from."

"Yeah, no of course not. I'm not that type of guy I promise."

He then got up to rinse his plate too.

"I can get it."

"No, it's okay."

He then rinsed it off. He then walked back to your mom.

"Hey, I just wanted you to know that your daughter is such a sweet girl. I love and care for her so much. I'm thinking about asking her out but with your consent of course."

"Oh, go ahead honey. I really like how you treat her and how you're so nice to her. I trust you with her life. Though, I don't know if this is the right time."

"Yeah, I know that. I was going to wait anyway. But, thank you for dinner. It was delicious."

"You're welcome."

Eddie then hugged your mom before heading to your room. He opened the door to find you curled up in the blankets.

"Hey. Mind if I join you?"

You shook your head. He then climbed in bed where he was facing you. You gave him some of the blanket.

"Hey, everything's going to be alright. You have nothing to worry about. Me and your mom are going to be there right by your side."

"I know. I'm just don't want to face whatever comes with tomorrow."

"That's okay. But we're here for you okay?"

You just nodded. He then pulled you to him cuddling you. You both then shortly fell asleep.