Chapter 4: Past torn to shreds

<The following events in this story are all fictional and for entertainment purposes only. No hate to any of the names mentioned in this chapter>

Warning: This chapter contains mentions of suicide, bullying, harassment, and other things that may the reader uncomfortable. Reader discretion is advised.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:✧ Felix POV・゚✧.: ⋆*・゚: .⋆ ☾  

A flashback played in my head of how Aisha cried. The past was burning both of us, almost everyone in the room understood that. It was mostly my fault that she was like this. Everyone saw her as the bad guy who is rude to me, when in reality she's always been far from that.

It was Sophomore year, and Jeongin had an idea to prank Aisha. He let everyone in on it, everyone except Hyunjin and her, of course. His plan was to tell her that Hyunjin found out that she liked him. Everyone agreed, including me. It was going to be funny, and afterwards we'd tell her it's okay and that he didn't know. Everything was alright until Minho decided to step it up further, texting Aisha that Hyunjin, because he didn't want to live knowing that she of all people liked him, killed himself. 

It made her feel hated. She must've been very upset. I could've stopped it all from happening; if only I didn't agree. What we thought was an innocent prank turned into more when we got a call on Chris's phone saying that she was in the hospital because of a failed suicide attempt.

None of us had the guts to show up. I wanted to make sure she was okay, but seeing anyone in any type of pain is already pain staking as it is. If only I had showed up. I could've told her it was all fake. I would've made sure that nothing bad happened ever again. Minho apologized so many times after that, but she shut us out.

The school year ended on a bad note; the ten of us turned into eight. She became such a cold, serious person that, by the time we went back to school for Senior year, we hardly recognized her. She never was around during lunch, and free period she's in one of the classrooms finishing up on homework. In addition to that, she never talked to anyone or made other friends. Only God knows what happened to her- what she was thinking- when she got the text saying that her crush died.

It was wrong of us. I regret it, we all do. She distanced herself a lot from people in general, shutting every person in sight out from her life. The way she cried reminded me that I'm no better than Minho in this situation. Woojin stayed with her throughout her life, all the way until that prank. He was the only one who did show up. I clearly remember when he told us how she was still unconscious, yet she was crying. He made a video of him with Aisha in the hospital when she woke up. She started crying, and he had to stop to comfort her. Things took a turn when he really got mad, and tried to get revenge for hurting her. He moved a while after that.

✄ ----------✄ ---------- ✄ --------- ✄ ---------

I didn't even notice I was staring at her. Chris was confused by what I was doing; once he traced my gaze to her, he understood. Everyone was surprised. My sudden outburst, and by Aisha's crying. She hasn't shown any emotion since the incident; this was new for everyone, even us. Minho looked depressed. It didn't take a genius to understand how he was feeling right now. Changbin was on the verge of crying. He looked away from her, trying not to look at her or else he'd really lose it. Chris sniffled, which made everyone aware that he was crying now.

"Aisha," Chris said. "We're sorry... please,"

Instead of responding, she wiped her tears away, running out of the classroom. How amazing.

She left the paper behind. I sat down, trying to process what happened. Minho took the crinkled note off her desk, reading it silently. He looked at Changbin after reading what it said. A subtle tear ran down Changbin's cheek now, breaking free from his water eyes. I could hear Minho sighed in remorse. He stood up, handing it to Chris. I peered over his shoulder, my jaw dropping when I saw what it said.

"Happy Suicide Anniversary. You should've died you ugly ass thot"

Chris aggressively stood up, tearing the paper into shreds. My eyes went dark in anger and fear. Anger because I was ready to kill whoever did this; fear because so was Chris. Knowing him, he wasn't going to hold back. The quiet murmur in the classroom died out at the sound of Chris's voice.

"I AM GOING TO KILL WHOEVER DID THIS!" He shouted angrily, holding up the ripped, crippled paper in his hand. "I WILL FIND YOU; THERE'S NO HIDING HERE. AND I WILL KILL YOU!"

I looked around the room. No one dared to do or say anything. A girl caught my eye; it was one of the girls I saw before in the hallway. It was the girl that followed me everywhere. A small smirk appeared on her face, quickly dying out after noticing I was staring at her. She must've known about the note. I stared her dead in the eyes, almost as if I were staring into her soul. She looked kind of scared. I don't care. 

Chris stomped out of the room, soon after dashing down the hallway. He was looking for Aisha. Aren't we all though? We all silently knew that we would never find her. Our Aisha wasn't here anymore, she was gone. The one we knew and loved died that night she attempted. The only thing left of her was her body, as if her soul had checked out of her body like a hotel. Packed up all of her feelings and left without saying anything. It was quiet. The world fell silent once more.

Changbin and Minho excused themselves from the classroom, I followed not too far behind. The world seemed to fall out of order today. Everyone was scattered around the school now, either crying or running around looking for each other. We needed to meet up and talk this all out.

At the rate life was going, we would all be dead or broken by the end of the school year.

And that wasn't far at all.