Volume 1. Troublesome Afternoon

"Ruby! Over here! I saved you a spot!" Yang waved from a distance.

"Oh! Hey, I-I gotta go! I'll see you after the ceremony!" Ruby said, going towards Yang, while I shortly followed.

"Hey, wait! Ah, great. Where am I supposed to find another nice, quirky girl to talk to, and some dork of an edge lord!?!"

I'm-I'M an edge lord. Ohoh.. Jaune I can break through that shield of yours.

"How's your first day going, little sister? And Miko!?"

"Am I not part of your family?!" I said, faking to wince in pain and placing my hand where my heart's supposed to be.

"Sorry, sorry, you know I like to tease."

"Yeah, yeah.. moving on Yang.. My days been ever so wonderful ever since you up-right ditched me and I exploded."

"She's joking right." Yang asked me quietly.

"This girl only speaks thy truth."

"Ha! Right—Are you two being sarcastic?"

"Yang I just said-"

"I wish! I tripped over some crabby girl's luggage, and then she yelled at me, and then I sneezed, and then I exploded, and then she yelled at me again, and I felt really, really bad, and I just wanted her to stop yelling at me!"

Yang.

One day you'll definitely break her.

"YOU!"

"Oh, God, it's happening again!" She said, hiding behind me.

"You're lucky we weren't blown off the side of the cliff!"

"It wasn't that big." I countered.

"Your not involved in this, this is between me and her!"

"Oh my God, you really exploded." Yang spoke sarcastically.

"We've been telling you!"

"Anyways Weiss, I do fully believe that Ruby didn't mean to do it, because why was their Dust in the first place?"

"Because!! It's what powers our weapons, or are you dumb enough to not know what dust is." Weiss scoffed, while she handed me a pamphlet saying 'DUST for dummies and other Inadequate Individuals'."

"First of all, Rude. And secondly, doesn't the school take your luggage before you arrive? And if for some reason you forgot to pack your dust, the school supplies dust for students." I said, handing her a fully fledged book the size of the Holy Bible titled,

'A BASIC Beacon introduction for those incompetent enough to not study our school beforehand, because you are SO LAZY! Or if it's too long for you—WE TREAT the students the same, whether they're Rich or Poor because we SOMEWHAT care for our students. Please come to our school.'
'—Authorized by Professor Port of Beacon Academy.'

"Where did you find this?" Weiss said, grabbing the book.

"At the café I work at, Tukson's Book Trade, The police station, and ah-guess what.. on the airship as-well."

I wasn't lying they where actually there.

Damn who ever this Port guy is, I want his autograph.

"Read it, then give it back.. it's from my job, and if I don't give that back, I have to pay it."

"I. Don't. Need. Any. Book." Weiss said, shoving the book towards me. "The Schnee Dust Company is not responsible for any injuries or damages sustained while operating a Schnee Dust Company product. Although not mandatory, the Schnee Family highly encourages their customers to read and familiarize themselves with this easy to follow guide to Dust applications and practices in the field."