Chapter 1 - Kanha is Missing!

It was a rainy midnight. The weather was gloomy, as if it reflected the mood Sayuri was in, who was sitting on the floor crying; as she folded her legs & brought them closer, she remembered what all happened in the afternoon. How Anjali came & blew the news that Sayuri promised to leave Kanha after a month. How Saroj & Kusum rejoiced while Nakul, Dhanraj, & Dadu were almost on the verge of crying. But that didn't made her this upset. Nothing except Kanha can make her cry or smile anymore. What made her feel breathless & nauseous & made her heart wrench was to see Kanha's disappointment for her in his eyes. How his evergreen smiling face left the soul. He look betrayed, he looked heartbroken & he looked at her in disbelief as he left the room immediately without knowing the whole story. Sayuri tried stopping him but all in vain as Kanha was way too angry to be stopped by anyone.

Sayuri was lost in her thoughts, when Saroj banged open the door & entered in a messy room as Sayuri was packing. Sayuri didn't notice her enter the room until Saroj picked her up harshly by her arms & shoke her to death. Sayuri let out a scream. "Saroj Aunty... Rukiye, mujhe dard ho raha hai, please", pleaded Sayuri as Saroj pushed her on the floor & she rubbed her arms in pain. "Aur tune jo dard de rakha hai pure ek mahine se, uska kya?", screamed Saroj. Sayuri looked at her confused as Saroj picked her up once again and shouted, "Mera beta teri vajah se gayab hai, tune hi kuch kaha hoga... Kahan hai mera Kanha, bata? BATA...KAHAN HAI MERA KANHA.". Saroj kept screaming as Sayuri went numb immediately after listening that Kanha is missing.

Tears fell from her eyes as she started imagining the worst and she fell on the ground crying. She knew she did wrong but first & foremost she need to make sure he is okay. She needs to bring him home. She can't lose him now, to anything. She needed answers why is he hurt this much & why... why is she hurt this much? While Saroj was still ranting, Sayuri immediately got up and left the room running.

Sayuri chanted the Krishna mantra as she stepped out in the rain & ran to find her husband, shivering with fear. She ran with no clue in her mind for about 20 mins when she stopped. She felt she too is lost as she looked around & saw no one. She broke down crying in the middle of the road as she screamed Kanha's name multiple times. She has to find Kanha anyhow, somehow. She has to act smart & fast. She looked around as she thought where would Kanha go. Immediately her face brightened up because of something as she ran in the dark night alone.

There, Saroj Aunty informed Anjali about everything & Kanha going missing & even she left in search of Kanha, worried.