The Treasure

IF YOU WANT YOUR COMPANION TO RETURN YOU MUST GIVE MY TREASURE BEFORE MIDNIGHT AT THE BEACH NEAR BOUROU VILLAGE. DO NOT CALL ANYONE, I WANT YOU ALONE.

                                                  -H

Such were the words written on a note Lumine showed to the detective, Shikanoin Heizou. When she woke up from an afternoon nap, she looked over where Paimon was sleeping in their room only to find this note in her companion's place. She was on her way to the Sangonomiya Shrine when she bumped into Heizou. 

    “And you said you were never disturbed in your nap where you stayed at Bourou Village, nobody saw any suspicious person, and you didn’t lose any possessions?”

    “No, I didn’t even hear Paimon scream,” she worriedly answered, “and she even left half a glass of juice!”

“Half a glass of juice…” The detective took notes, “Interesting. She always finishes her food or drink.”

    “That’s what made me more worried!”

The duo stood close, looking at the note left behind. Heizou even checked if there’s anything that needs to be revealed from the note, some inks can only be seen if activated by water or seen through a light, but there was nothing else. Aside from this “H” that is demanding his ‘treasure’, they only had the time and place to meet up as a clue.

“Can you tell me what this ‘treasure’ that our current suspect is talking about?”

Lumine thought for a while before answering, “The only thing I can think of are these Sango Pearls that me and Paimon were collecting this morning. Do you think 'H' stands for 'hoarder', like a treasure hoarder?"

“Hmm,” Heizou stared at the Traveler intently, “Possible. But right now I can only think that your beauty is the best treasure of all.”

The detective gave a hearty laugh as Lumine looked at him sternly. Paimon is missing and the sun is starting to set. She looked very worried about her friend. Heizou apologized and took the note from her, tucking it into his pocket.

“The only thing we can do right now is go to the location and wait,” he confidently took her hand and started walking towards Bourou Village. 

    The Traveler thought he would walk away from her immediately but he didn’t. She was about to move farther when Heizou clenched her hand tighter, not wanting to let go. Once they arrived at Bourou Village, she tried to pull away again.

Heizou stared directly into her eyes, “Are you embarrassed that your soldiers will see me holding your hand?”

“I, uhm– I’m a bit shy.”

“One of the greatest pleasures for a man is to walk around holding the hand of a beautiful woman,” he happily took both of her hands, “Please amuse this lonely detective for a while, Lumine.”

They stood facing each other as Heizou slowly interlaced their fingers together. Some soldiers stationed around Bourou Village saw the couple strolling by and word spread fast, reaching Swordfish II. That was the day that the platoon begged Gorou to allow them to take the detective in for some ‘questions’. The general needed to place the soldier unit far away from the village to make sure no one got hurt.