Chapter 2

Sunghoon hadn't thought about the arrangement he had with Heeseung after the initial talk. That was until a few days later, while he was desperately trying to focus on finishing his assignments, when Jungwon mentioned it to him. 

He hadn't been actively trying to ignore it, he simply had a lot other stuff to think about. The fact that he didn't believe there was much to think about regarding that meant it barely even crossed his mind. Heeseung and him were already friends, they knew each other quite well and they'd be able to pull off pretending to be together easily. At least, Sunghoon thought so. Jungwon didn't seem to have that much faith in them, so Sunghoon shouldn't have been surprised when he suddenly asked what their plan was.

"What plan?" 

"Like, what will you tell Heeseung-hyung's family?" Jungwon asks, like it should have been something to cross his mind.

"About what?" Sunghoon didn't get what he meant, it wasn't like his family would interrogate them, right?

"I don't know? How did you meet? How did you start dating? If you are thinking about mating?" Sunghoon had to stop him there.

“Why would they even ask that? They would have just met me?” Jungwon rolled his eyes.

“That’s not even a question, Heeseung-hyung’s family is noisy, they’ll ask.” Jungwon pointed out and Sunghoon could see the logic, “The question is, what will you answer?” 

“I don’t know? Does it matter?” Sunghoon didn’t see the point in thinking about it when there was still so much time left until the wedding. It seemed so far away, it didn’t even feel real to him yet.

“Of course, it matters,” Jungwon huffed, “Heeseung-hyung and you have to have the same story or they’ll realise it’s all a farce! Or they’ll think one of you is a terrible boyfriend.”

And Sunghoon had to accept Jungwon was right. He still thought it was a bit too early to be worrying about all that. In part, he refused to worry about it all because he knew he’d start panicking otherwise. The conversation alone was making Sunghoon think of how he’d have to act with Heeseung and it was not good for his heart. But he could do it for three days, he could do it for the duration of the wedding. What he could not do was start stressing about it when it was weeks away.

On the other hand, he supposed Jungwon was right and they should at least talk about it beforehand. He’d have to, without imploding of embarrassment, have that conversation with Heeseung. It was fine, he could totally do it. Just casually bring it up on conversation.

And then Jungwon pointed something else out, immediately setting off alarms in Sunghoon’s head.

“What about your scents? Will you scent each other before going?” 

That was another conversation he would have to have with Heeseung, and for that one he wasn’t sure he would be able to do it. He already found Heeseung’s scent alluring on the regular, he did not want to be exposed to it so intimately. Well, he did, but he was surely going to embarrass himself. He fought down the blush that threatened to take over his entire face as he thought of Heeseung also smelling like him. He was going to die at that wedding. 

Instead of all his inner panicking, he answered, “I guess so,” and hoped Jungwon didn’t notice he was a second away from going into cardiac arrest. 

As confident as he had felt about talking to Heeseung, it still took him a whole week to bring up the subject. It had been hard, though, finding a moment in which they were alone. That was, of course, an excuse Sunghoon desperately wanted to believe. There was no reason for them to talk about their arrangement in private, all their friends already knew about it. And he could always invite Heeseung over when Jungwon wasn’t around if he really wanted to have that conversation in private. So really, he was just stalling.