Chapter 7

The next morning Heeseung woke up better rested than ever before. One of his arms was completely asleep, but he didn’t care, he had Sunghoon sleeping in his arms. Admittedly, he hadn’t expected Sunghoon to react so much to his parents’ words, but he was glad. It made him feel loved, even if it probably wasn’t how he wanted to be loved by Sunghoon. He hated the fact that he had to get up and go help his brother with whatever he needed before the wedding. 

It was early in the morning, and Heeseung did his best not to wake up Sunghoon as he got ready. He planned on letting Sunghoon sleep for as long as possible. After taking a quick shower, he got changed and mentally prepared himself for the day. His mother had him running around all day, only letting him go when a couple of hours were left before the wedding so he could get changed into his suit. When he finally got back to the room, Sunghoon was taking a shower. 

“Oh,” Sunghoon walked out of the bathroom in just his underwear, probably not expecting Heeseung to be back, “I thought you’d be out longer.”

“Y-yeah, my mother told me to get ready…” he tried so hard not to stare, he was not a creep, he could keep his eyes to himself. “I’ll- I’ll go shower now.” Sunghoon nodded and Heeseung rushed inside the bathroom with his clothes.

Heeseung felt disgusted with himself, his mind going in every direction to try and stop any inappropriate thought. Sunghoon trusted him enough to walk around in just his underwear, trusted him to sleep in the same bed and even cuddle. He refused to betray that trust just because he couldn’t control his dick. Granted, he had seen Sunghoon in similar a state of undress before, going to the beach and such, but it felt different then. 

Stepping into the shower, he let the water wash away his thoughts. He had to focus, he’d be spending the whole wedding pretending to be together, he couldn’t let his thoughts astray. The only thing he had to do was hold on for the weekend and then he could properly court Sunghoon. His shower was quick, and he came out of the bathroom already half dressed. When he came out, Sunghoon was fighting with his tie.

“Do you… need help with that?”

“No.” Sunghoon sounded exasperated, “I know how to tie it, it just won’t cooperate,” he huffed, Heeseung couldn’t stop himself from chuckling a little.

Heeseung let Sunghoon keep struggling with the tie while he finished changing. Thankfully, Sunghoon managed to tie it to his liking after a couple more tries. Sunghoon didn’t say anything, but Heeseung could tell he was nervous. He didn’t blame him, he couldn’t, his parents had been particularly awful the previous night. It had been surprising, to some extent, to Heeseung as well. The harsh attitude his parents had adopted took Heeseung off guard, and he didn’t really know why they were that callous.

He also didn’t expect Sunghoon to get so defensive, but he was grateful. It made him feel appreciated and loved. Maybe not how he wanted to feel loved by Sunghoon, but it still felt nice. 

They left for the wedding soon after, arriving just in time for Heeseung to be taken away to help his brother. He’d been made his brother’s best man, to everyone’s surprised. Once Heeseung’s brother stood at the altar, Heeseung could finally take the time to look for Sunghoon with his eyes. He was sitting next to one of Heeseung’s cousins, behind his mother. Heeseung almost laughed at the obvious forced smile he had as his cousin seemed to be trying to talk to him. Heeseung also saw how Sunghoon sighed in relief as the bride finally arrived. 

Heeseung really tried to stay focused on whatever was being said, focused on the couple. But his eyes constantly tried to find their way to Sunghoon. He couldn’t be sure, yet it seemed that Sunghoon was looking at him. It seemed like Sunghoon was looking only at him.