6: May 30th 2014

May 30, 2014JIN

May 30, 2014
JIN

    Just when Jin thought that the fire had melted the frost that clambered its way into their relationship last winter months ago, he thought wrong.

    At the first signs of spring, where dandelions and tulips started blooming, he found out that the frost was still there—like poison ivy that always thrived, and their relationship started spiraling downhill after that.

    It was summertime.

    Eating another piece of his chilled watermelon to quench the prickly heat even with the centralized air conditioner on full blast, Jin laughed in his windshield wiper laugh as he was binge watching his favorite K-drama starred by his favorite actor. He was lying comfortably on his favorite chesterfield, and in the middle of his fits of giggles, Jin suddenly began to sob, then wailed, then laughed again with tears in his eyes.

    Was he going crazy?

    How long could he mask the pain?

    Jin needed Taehyung, but it seemed like Taehyung finally found out that he was not good enough for him. He had told him from the beginning that he never was, but Taehyung did not listen. If he just did, he could've saved Jin from this unstoppable heartbreak.

    Tears were still spilling from his eyes when the door bell rang, and his heart froze because he could only count in one hand the number of people who knew where he lived. Hesitantly, he stood up from the sofa as he wiped his face with a cool face towel, before he walked to the door to check who it was.

    Definitely not Taehyung. He had his own key, and if he did have a spare, it was a luxury to see the man these days.

    Not Jimin, too.

    Jimin would yell out for him as soon as he arrived.

    Namjoon?

    Are you stupid?

    But when Jin opened the door, ending the guessing game inside his head, it was neither of the three he thought it would be.

    Mr. Min Yoongi, Senior Chairman Kim's trusted assistant, greeted him with a grim face.

●●●●●●●

Trapped In Between. © JT Starr, 2022.