A Mysterious Mouse-Napping

some would say the day june 19th was an ordinary, busy day in london, 1897.

but today was special for the flaversham family, specifically for the youngest one in the house.

her name was olivia, she was a tiny mouse turning the age of 8. she was with her adoptive older sister, y/n flaversham, and her father, hiram flaversham.

"you know, daddy, sissy, this is my best birthday." the little mouse said, playing with a small, purple, rocking horse as her sister accompanied her by sitting next to her. "ah, i haven't given you your present yet, i don't believe y/n has either." their father smiles at the youngest, y/n coping him, "y'know what, i don't believe i have." she said, taking her chin in thought as olivia hit at her sister playfully. "aw, you know you haven't!" olivia giggled.

olivia then turned to her father once more, repeatedly asking what it was. "you close your eyes." he responded, olivia covering her eyes with her hands and trying to peak. "hey, i see you! no peeking." y/n teased her, making her giggle once more and cover her eyes. y/n watched as her dad bring out olivia's present and putting it on the table the girls' were sitting at. he began to wind up the handle on the toy and watched as olivia opened her eyes with the flower opening up to a mouse dancing.

"oh, daddy, you made this just for me?" olivia asked watching the doll's every movement. "you're the most wonderful father in the– in the whole world!" olivia said, hugging the mouse. she then looked at her sister, not letting go of the hug. "what did you get me, sissy?" she asked. y/n opened up her mouth to speak, but was interrupted as the doorknob started jiggling repeatedly and noisily. the family of three turned to look at the door, in confusion.

"are we... expecting someone..?" y/n asked, confusion evident on her face as she turned to her father. "no..?" he responded hesitantly as he grabbed olivia and handed her to the oldest. "go hide.." he whispered to them as y/n went to her room with olivia.

the two girl heard the window break along with a growl.

things were crashing, breaking, and y/n peeked out to see a crooked bat with a pegged leg. her eyes widen with fear as her father tried to escape the bat, and she desperately tried to cover her little sister's eyes. "what's happening, y/n?" olivia whispered only for y/n to look at her with a paw over her muzzle to signal her to be quiet. olivia nodded, doing the same to herself.

y/n found pen and paper to quickly sketch out the bat as she watched in terror. soon, something blocked their way of seeing what was happening and the two mice desperately tried pushing out of the way. she heard laughter, and stiffened up, with her father yelling out the youngest's name. "olivia!"

... and then the ruckus had stopped...

the oldest was finally able to open the door for the two to go through.

everything was a mess; things were broken, spilled, and tossed. "daddy!" olivia cried out loud. "father, where are you?" y/n called out. olivia climbed up to the broken window, calling out,

"daddy!"

with a saddened echo.

olivia looked so confused, sad and scared, and she turned to her sister, tears in her eyes. "y/n, he took daddy!" y/n also had tears in her eyes, bending down to olivia's height and picking her up. "it's okay, i'm sure he's okay, olivia. i'm here." she comforted with a hug, both girls crying about their lost father.

it was silent with the remaining two flaversham family members, other than the occasional sniffles and weeps. olivia was the first to pull from the hug, and she looked up at her sister. "sissy? i wanna go and find daddy." she said, tugging on the hem of her sweater.

something caught the oldest's eye, and turned to look at it.

it was a paper on the ground, and she picked it up along with the quick sketch of the bat. the paper had read the words, "FAMOUS DETECTIVE SOLVES BAFFLING DISAPPEARANCE!!"

" 'liv, check this out.." she nudged her sister.

"could we try?" olivia looked hopeful. y/n nodded, determinedly.

"let's try it, okay..?"