Chapter 5-6

Chapter 5

Kim couldn't believe she was planning  another wedding...to the same man.

How did we get here? She thought as she flipped another hamburger pattie on the grill for some of her students. Kevin and Kim were having a BBQ at their house, or soon to be theirs again.

About half of Kim's students came to the house for an end of the year celebration.  Some had other things going on, some had family priorities, some, she assumed didn't like her as a teacher. She wasn't trying to assume, but she couldn't help it because she had some disrespectful students in each of her classes.  Although, Kim would not let that bother her because of the happy moment yet to come. She was happy on the inside and out and nothing would change that.

...

"Burger's! Come get 'em!" Kim yelled out to her massive company.

"YAY!" all of her student's screamed.

Obviously, everyone was hungry and some were thirsty so Kim and Kevin continued to cook and load the cooler with soft drinks and water

Working together was something they hadn't done in a long time! Happiness couldn't even describe how each of them were feeling. It was pure, beautiful joy.

...

It was getting closer to and closer to the time that everyone was supposed to leave. Kim was worried that now toddler, Anna, would wake up from her night's sleep for a diaper change. Anna was now 22 months old and was turning two in two months. She was still a small little girl, only weighing about 17 pounds. Although, she was quickly growing bigger and bigger everyday.

Kim thought that her little daughter was the most adorable baby she'd ever seen and often she had found herself boasting about her little girl.

...

Everyone began to file out AFTER Kim heard Anna cry. Kim was bummed to find out that she wouldn't get to sat goodbye to her now, former students. Thankfully, Kevin had handled everything for her. He was dependable and that is partly why she was in love with in, after all this time. Love made her feel happy, no longer  weak, shallow individual walking among the water.

...

"Thank you!" said Kim, as she carried her little daughter out into the entryway as the last students were leaving.

"Your welcome!" said Kevin as the last person headed out.  They shared a brief moment as they looked into each others eyes and locked eye contact.

"I love you!" Exclaimed Kim.

"I love you too!" Kevin exclaimed, excitedly.

"Thank you for helping me with the party!"

"I wouldn't have had it any other way!" Kevin rejoiced.

Holding little Anna in her arms, Kim walked up to Kevin and kissed him on the lips. All three of them got caught into a loving embrace and settled there forever.

Chapter 6-The first day of the summer and wedding planning

"This planning feels like it's going to take forever, Mom!" Abby exclaimed.

" I know, Abbs, but we have to remember the real reason behind it." said Kim, passionately.

"What reason?" Abby asked, confused.

"True love, commitment, God's will...other things like having kids, being together, having a life time with each other. Just anything that makes the couple happy!" Kim exclaimed.

" Oh....well...that's good to know. Thanks!"

"Your welcome! I'm going to go check on your sister in the next room!" As she left she heard Abby ask another and Kim wondered if that was to her or not. " Abby? What did you say?"

"Oh... I was just wondering what she was doing?"

"She's taking a nap and she should still be asleep because I put her down thirty minutes ago!"

"Okay. Need help?"

"No thanks. I think I got it, sweetheart!"

"Okay!"

Kim walked into Anna's room and went over to her daughter's crib.

"Hi, baby. You're gonna be okay. Mommy's here now!" Kim said as she picked her small one and a half year old up.

"Momma! Momma!" Anna said in her best baby talk.

"Hi, little girl! I love you!"

"Love Momma!"

"Wanna see, daddy?"

"No...daddy!"

"But...Daddy wants to see how much you've grown!" Kim smiled at the thought and hoped that Anna would quickly change her mind.

"Okay...see daddy!"

"That's my girl!"

"Anna walk!" The little girl mumbled.

"Okay, but hold Mommy's hand!"

"Okay!"

...

"Kevin! Someone wants to see you!" As soon as Kim said that, her fiance comes walking around the corner.

"Hi sweetheart! How are you, Baby?" Kevin asked as Anna cooed at him."Do you think she'll let me hold her?" Kevin asked Kim.

"I don't know, but you can try!" Kim said, smiling.

Kevin reached in to gently grab his daughter and the child quietly and slowly reached out her hands for her daddy.

"Da da!" Anna cooed.

"Yes, it's 'da da', baby girl!" Kevin exclaimed.

Anna reached up with her chubby, little arm and put her hand over her father's face, just to be silly.

"Wah!!! Wah!!!..." cried Anna for her mother.

"Um...I think she wants you, Kim!!!"

"Probably! Sorry! She's a mommy's girl!"

"Yeah...that makes sense." Kevin said, lowering his head.

"She'll get more and more used to you!"

"Yeah...I guess." Kevin said, lowering his head again.

"It'll be okay, honey!"

"Okay."

"I hope it will, anyway!"

"It should be."

"Yes."

"I love you, Kim!"

"You too, Kevin!" They smiled at each other, Kevin put his arm around her and they went to feed Anna, together, for the first time in forever.