Unsatisfied Victory

I know April is over, but I really want to finish this story before continuing on with my other stories. Anyways, thanks and enjoy! P. S. sorry it's so short, school... luckily I only have a few more days of it left so I'll have plenty of time to write soon!

-Frost

=Jean's P.O.V=

Alice and Jake howled as Alice described Prank #2. I tried to force a smile, but the stupid rear view mirror gave me away to him.

"Jean?"

"Yeah..?"

"What's going on? You've been a roller coaster since this prank pact happened," he asked.

"I'm fine, it's just.. I feel like we went to far with this prank," I said to Alice who had turned to look at me.

"What do you mean?"

"Oh, c'mon Alice! We used hair removal cream on her eyebrow and had a bucket of syrup dumped on to her!"

"It's not that bad, we could have done worse like nailed her door shut or something like that!"

I pressed my lips together, she was right. I stared out the window into the dark streets. We were nearing my house. Our plan was two pranks per night. The headlights turned off as we got closer, and Alice hopped out of the car with me. She watched from the backyard as I climbed in through my window, waving good night to me. I waved back before closing my window. I sighed, feeling accomplished... and only slightly guilty. I slipped out of my all black attire and into my pajamas. I placed the clothes in a bag and tucked my bag deep under my bed where they couldn't be seen. I heard footsteps climbing up the steps to my room. I dove into the covers and closed my eyes pretending to sleep. The door creaked open.

"See, I told you, honey. She's fast asleep," I heard my mom's soft whisper.

"You're right I just felt like something was off," my father muttered as he closed the door.

I sighed in relief and flopped over in my bed, before finally getting some rest. The night seemed long, and the next morning was one to look forward to.