Chapter 1

A/N

This chapter was written by: SKYLAR & Ghost Valley

~~~~~

Accadien

After I stepped into the portal I felt a surge of excitement and dread swirling inside of me, a strange yet amazing feeling I was used to.

I had often done stuff like this, disobeyed my "mother," Scarlet, well, at least that's what she was to me. I never really had parents, so she and her big sister kind of played that part for me.

Anyways, enough about my sad past, let's continue.

As the blue and purple portal swirled around me, my vision became warped, soon becoming a bright blur as I closed my eyes and prepared to land at my destination.

I opened my eyes, still blinded by my surroundings. Once the light faded I saw a beautiful field in front of me, the colorful flowers a nice contrast to the green of the ground.

In the world I grew up in all of the colors I know are very vibrant and drastic, glowing, even. In this new world, the colors were still vibrant, but they're more subtle and dull but nonetheless, gorgeous.

It's majestic.

I looked beside me, there was a white weeping flower tree, its branches like vines, swaying in the wind.

Sitting on one of the branches was a boy, about 16 or 17, he had curly black hair, amber eyes, pale skin, and a couple of freckles. The boy looks up from his book, staring into my eyes now.

We stared into each other's eyes for a solid five minutes, until I spoke up.

"Ello mate, how're you?"

He raised an eyebrow, a confused look overtaking his face. I started to walk towards him, a slight skip in my step. The boy continued to stare at me as I walked towards him, he didn't move, his expression now blank, but curiosity still swirling in the irises.

Once I got to the tree I just continued to stare at him, I noticed that he was just a little bit shorter than me.

"Hey, tree boy!" I called up, he looked down at me and closed his book slowly, he narrowed his eyes at me.

"What's your name?" I asked. He just continued to stare.

"Hello? Are you going to say anything or are you just going to continue to stare at my handsome face?" He just sat there for a second, still silent.

"Did you just come out of a portal?" His voice was soft and deep, he had an Australian accent, it was adorable.

I hiked my thumb in the direction that I had come from, "Over there?" He merely nodded in response.

"Yeah, but here's a better question, what are you doing out here all by yourself?"

We had a miniature staring contest for a moment, I was freakishly good at these so of course, I won. He sighed and looked away from me, looking up at the flowers on the trees, almost as if he was trying to see the clouds. I looked up at the tree, it was mystical.

I have never seen a tree like this, not even when I had researched this place. Every time I had found anything about earth it was about it being terrible and the humans destroying everything, but this place was different...