TWO. normal's boring... embrace the ghost

DANIELLE HAD a job

DANIELLE HAD a job. It didn't pay and she never would see a cent while working there, but a job is a job.

She had always worked upstairs at her family store. She never went downstairs... until today.

The downstairs store was made specifically for zombies. They knew that Danny was a half ghost half mortal being and that was the reason he worked down and the rest of his family up.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Danielle asked, "Maybe working downstairs isn't the best."

"Why not?" Danny asked, "The only person who needs to be fearful is your mother and then again... she's never scared of anything. That's why she married me, adventure."

Danny rested his hand on his daughter's shoulder and guided her down to the store.

It had been late into the night. He had reassured her that zombies were harmless and if they were shopping that late into the night they were buying fake brains to eat for dinner.

Danielle had never shown any sign of being terrified of the monsters but she'd never been around so many at one time. This was new to her.

They finally made it to the store downstairs and entered the building. The only other human being that worked in the store was Sam.

They switched positions and Sam waved her daughter a goodbye.

"This, my spawn, is the store." Danny smiled, "All zombies can get whatever they need, no questions asked."

"Do they know that you're a ghost?"

"Of course. It'd be awkward if they didn't. Now, let me show you around."

Danny showed Danielle every nook and cranny of the store. While he began to explain how this would change the world.

While he wasn't looking, Danielle's eyes began traveling around the store. She spotted Zed standing close by with, who she assumed, his sister. Picking out random things and throwing them into the basket they had.

Zed glanced up and saw Danielle staring. He held a tight lip smile and waved. She returned the gesture and her hand began to ghost.

He furrowed his brows at the sight and she quickly threw her hand behind her back as her father dragged her towards a different part of the store.