Chapter 1

I woke up due to the sun's ray which reflected on my face. Aaaaaaaaaargh!!!! Not again!! I'm going to be late on my first day at school again!!! I still remember my first day at Hummeberg . Believe me it's not something I ever want to remember. I was late so late that I hurriedly went to school in my pyjamas. I was the laughing stalk at school that day and was nicknamed the pyjamas girl . Funny huh? This time I wouldn't want to be embarrassed at school so I quickly freshened up and took my breakfast before the bus came. Beep! Beep! That was the door bell "mom I'm off to school I love ya" and headed to the door "wait Emma you forgot your lunch bag!" "Oh thanks Mom" I said giving her a peck.
   My mom, dad, Jayson and I moved from Canada to the United States. I was born in the United States and moved to  Canada at the age of 4 so i don't remember anything. My elder brother Jayson is a Canadian by birth while I'm an American. Confusing huh?? My mom is a Canadian and my dad a Ghanaian. Jayson was born in Canada and stayed there for almost 2 years before my parents decided to move to the United states because of my dad's work and while in the States I was born and that makes me an American. I was excited to go to the United States when I got there I realized it was nothing like Canada. I was a different place altogether. I'm a black American and Jayson is fair but not a white.
  As the school bus reached the entrance of the school, I was getting anxious and excited same time for I couldn't wait to get off to explore the school. It's infrastructure was gigantic and marvelous but it was nothing compared to my alma mater in Canada. I was directed to my classroom by the Secretary of the principal . I was so nervous one could see goosebumps on my body. I introduced myself as Emma Smith to the class. I had no friends at that moment and kinda missed my Canadian friends Liz, Lisa, Rhodelyn and Brandon. I made friends with a girl called  Michaela Roberts. She is 14 same age as me. When I reached school,Jayson was already there and it seems like every girl was staring at him because of his beauty. Yha Jayson is a handsome boy said by many girls but to me he looks normal so I don't really see his beauty. His looks attracted many girls and he has green eyes which shimmers and dimples which makes his smile so perfect. Jayson and I get along quite well and talked alot always. Many girls at school envied me for i was the sister of Jayson and they wished they had him as a brother. Others talked to me just to get close with Jayson. Jayson was 16 years. Yep he's 2 years older than I am.
  Jayson and I waited for our chauffeur to arrive. When we reached home I told my mom all that happened at school . I mostly tell her everything that happens to me . Daddy is a very busy man and barely spends time with us. He pampers me alot for I was the last child and also because he spends less time with me. It's has been over a month now at Pendilove High and I'm starting to mingle with things and the the environment. My teacher Miss Anderson announced a new boy to the class. "Hi!! I'm Calvin Andrews from San Frederick and I'm 15 years old" I raised my head to see a cute, handsome and adorable boy standing in front of the class. He had big bright  blue eyes , a beautiful pointed nose, ears that fitted his round head perfectly and a beautiful voice. I fell in love with his looks at that moment. "Calvin..." the name kept on flashing in my head. I laid on my bed thinking of Calvin. He was just a reflection of Jayson just that Jayson as they say was more handsome than Calvin. All the girls in my class were crushing on Calvin. Calvin was not only handsome but very brilliant too. His smartness was beyond comparison. Brianna the super cool and popular girl in schoolwas crushing on both Jayson and Calvin.
  Wooo-hooo!!! Michaela just introduced Calvin to me and we're friends now. I actually talked with him squeeeeeek!! I had no idea how Michaela befriended him but he isn't so dorky after all infact he's a cool and fun guy. Mikaela had a crush on Calvin but never told him not me. Michaela and I have been best friends since the day I came to Pendilove High, she's like a sister I never had and she takes very good care of me and always make sure to put a smile on my face I loved her so much. It was a rainy day so Jayson and I waited for our chauffeur for about an hour . He finally showed up arrived. On our way to the car we saw Calvin still waiting along the sidewalk with an umbrella waiting for a taxi we invited him to join us so we could drop him off at his place. Throughout the drive I was stealing glances of his face how he communicated with Jayson was surprising it was as if they were long lost friends. We reached his place and he waved at us it was so magical. Jayson and I reached home to find daddy at home. I was so happy I run as fast as my legs could take me to hug him. I hugged him so tight I didn't want to eat go of him. I talked with him about my new school and life and he too told me stuffs about Canada. "Emma, I have gifts for you" "yay" I opened the parcel to find a a new smart phone . "I promised you the BTS Samsung edition phone at the age of 14 and since you're be 14 in three days time I told myself why don't I surprise my princess" " thank you Daddy I love you"I have been bothering my dad for the latest Samsung phone which was an edition of BTS for BTS ARMIES. I texted Michaela on my new  phone and talked about a whole lot of things like Calvin. I was shocked when Michaela told me she was crushing on Calvin "geez, who wouldn't crush in him" I never told Michaela I too was crushing on Calvin. I kept on telling myself "Emma, Michaela and you can't crush on same guy . What if you end up fighting because of him? "
  "Happy  Birthday to you baby sis, I love you so much and may your life be filled with joy" " Thanks Jayson, you're the best gift I wouldn't trade for anything and the best brother in the world. love you too" I got a BTS merge for i was bothering him to buy it for me. Oh man! How I love BTS especially Kim Taehyung. Gosh! That man is so perfect and damn handsome. My dad wrote a birthday song for me and it goes"Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday dear Emma, Happy birthday to you" I was so happy he sang it to me. Mummy surprised me the most by secretly arranging a party for me and inviting my friends including Calvin to the party. After all the birthday songs and wishes I was given a letter from Calvin and he whispered in my ear"I'll wait for your reply" I was wondering what could be in that piece of paper and to which I was replying to . I got to my room after the celebration and took the letter to read.
       Dear Emma,
                            I am lucky to have someone like you in my life . You make my day wonderful every single time sometimes I ask myself what life would be without you. Happy Birthday to you Emma , may God fulfill all your wishes and heart desires. I waited eagerly for this day and now I want to use your birthday as an opportunity to tell you how I feel about you. I love you Emma. I started liking you ever since we became friends. I like you for who you are . You do not pretend about your personality and also a free person. You're fun to be with and also a kind, caring and a loving person. I want you to be my girlfriend. I'll wait for your reply.       
                                          Your friend,
                                           Calvin.
I was so speechless and thought I was imagining things. I pinched myself to wake up if I was dreaming but I only gave a loud cry. Is Calvin pranking me??