Help From the Family

Walking back home at Route 14, Andy was holding Marina once more in his arms as she was still cutely smiling. They noticed that the Skull Grunts were both gone and that it was safe to go back home. So with that being said, the two safely got to Andy's home. Both smiling, being in the other's comfort.

Opening the house door, Andy's mother, named Laura, opened the door for him to go inside. Laura, in her prime age was actually an amazing trainer herself, while she wasn't a gym leader she definitely had the abilities and Pokémon to become one. She was now an age of 38. She had powerful Pokémon such as Goodra and Gardevoir. Goodra was a

friendly Pokemon to Andy, though she seemed to enjoy getting Andy covered in goo. This led to many showers for Andy to take, but he didn't seem to mind. Goodra was one of his best friends, and that would always be true!

Gardevoir, like Laura, was very motherly to Andy and always helped her calm Andy down when needed to do so. She had a beautiful voice just like Laura herself, but Gardevoir enjoyed singing to calm down Andy. It always worked when he was little.

Andy's father, a 40 year old man named Darren, was also a trainer, but like Andy, he had no desire to battle gym leaders. In fact, he was actually more of a goofball when at home. He knew exactly what made Andy laugh every time he was sad or angry. Plus he always had his Dragon Pokémon by his side, Dragonite.

According to Darren, he had found a Pokeball near the forest. It was shaking so that meant a Pokémon was inside, when he let the Pokémon out, it happened to be a Dragonite! It was very surprising. A male one to be exact. It was very surprising, who would want to give up a Dragonite!? Well someone did apparently.

Ever since finding him, the two would always play with one another. Mostly wrestling with one another and having fun. Darren was a very strong man himself, able to lift up cars onto two wheels and Dragonite was even stronger than him! But they really used that strength of theirs. They loved each other and of course, Andy.

But backstory aside, Laura was very surprised to see Andy holding a Pokémon, let alone a Popplio. Andy had never came home with a Pokémon, sure he's played with friendly ones but he's never brought one to the house.

"Hello sweetie, if it's alright for me to ask, why did you bring home a Popplio? Shouldn't they be with their family?"

Laura asked with surprise in her voice.

Andy was quick to answer her questions.

"Well I found this Pokémon which was named Marina. She told me that she had been searching for her mother for years and I just wanted to help her. I wasn't sure what to do, so I was hoping you two could help me."

Marina started to whimper again, missing her mother. Andy tried to comfort her by rubbing her head, which she enjoyed once more,

Laura's surprise turned into concern for the little Popplio.

"Awww... what a poor baby. She deserves to be with her mother. Being by yourself is very hard."

She would say, also lightly petting the Popplio's head to comfort her.

Laura would then continue,

"As much as I would love to help, I think me and your father are getting a bit too tired for these long adventures that we both used to have before you were born."

This made both Marina and Andy sigh in sadness to the response.

But then, Darren would get in the conversation himself.

"But that doesn't mean we can't help. Would you like to take Dragonite with you? He could easily fly you to the islands in case you struggle or need any help."

This made Andy's sad expression bounce up in glee.

Andy had actually ridden Dragonite before, so it was nothing new for him. He trusted Dragonite. The whole family did. As for the other Pokémon, they needed some protection just in case they saw Team Skull and their Pokémon.

"You hear that Marina? We can go to other islands!"

Andy asked Marina, clearly excited and happy. Marina was also very happy herself.

"Pop! Pop!"

She responded very happily, clapping her fins which made everyone chuckle from the cuteness of the Popplio.

Some time passed before Andy was now on Dragonite's back, smiling. He was wearing his protection, a helmet and a riding jacket. Popplio was also in a Pokémon seat that was strapped onto the back of Dragonite. The two were ready to set off to one of the other islands.

"Hope you two have fun, make sure to tell us how the adventure is when you get home."

Darren said, smiling to Andy in which he nodded.

"Please be safe, my sweet baby. And please protect my baby, sweet Marina."

Laura said to the two of them which they both nodded again.

Both Laura and Darren gave Andy one more hug before Darren told Dragonite it was okay to lift off. Just like that, they went flying in the air.

It was time to meet new friends and find Marina's mother! Their first visit, Melemele Island!