chapter two

Dae-su had joined their conversation now, and they ended up talking about On-jo and Cheong-san who obviously liked each other.

"I think On-jo likes Su-hyeok though," Dae-su said, whispering at this point, "She is always staring at him. And i saw her today, she was going to give him her nametag but then didn't do it."

"No, Cheong-san definitely likes her. And On-jo always talks about him- but i have to admit she had been staring at Su-hyeok on the dinner table lately." I-sak said in a almost defeated tone.

Ria laughed, "It's okay I-sak, there's still hope."

Something in Ria's chest sunk at that information. She didn't even like Su-hyeok so why was she even bothered by this.

"No. I think On-jo likes Cheong-san and doesn't want to believe it so she's thinking she likes Su-hyeok."

The three turned to each other, a bit took aback by the very detailed explanation.

"Very detailed."

"Ew!!" Na-yeon entered the room, staring at Gyeong-su, "Get off my desk you stinking welfie!"

"What the fuck?" Ria turned around, Gyeong-su was already held back by Dae-su.

Ria stepped right in her face,

"Hey! Someone get her before she beats her up!" Dae-su shouted, I-sak was the one to step between them, even though she loved drama so much she could let her friend get herself into trouble.

"I don't want to hear that out of your mouth."

"What are you gonna do about it?" Na-yeon smirked. The whole class had become silent by now, watching everything unfold.

"Hey, she's not worth it. Don't." I-sak pleaded, holding onto her shoulder.

Ria couldn't look at Na-yeon's smug face, and so she grabbed Gyeong-su and took him out with her.

———

"You don't have to stand up for me." He said as they walked around the corridors. She looked at him and raised her eyebrow.

"Are you serious? You're my boyy." She smiled, he laughed and put her in a headlock, "What the hell! Get off i'll kill you." She said playfully. He let go and ran ahead.

"Let's get lunch early!"

———

Everyone came like five minutes later, the first thing Ria did was check up on On-jo. On-jo was fine, but I-say and her actually revealed that she did like Su-hyeok and she had even given him her name tag.

"Do you think... Cheong-san likes you, Ria?" On-jo asked, Ria nearly spit out her food.

"Nah. We're just super close. Most of them are like my brothers." She nodded to the group of boys as I-sak raised a eyebrow.

"Most?"

"Yes most."

I-sak was about to press further, when a mass of people started banging on the glass doors of the lunchroom, their faces were covered in blood and their eyes were blood red.

"Oh my god!!" Someone screeched as the glass started to crack, people immediately started running, the glass caving in and the people running in.

They were eating people.

It was horrifying, the screams that erupted from the room, the chaos.

She had already lost I-sak and On-jo in the crowd.

She ran ahead, looking around frantically. She saw Eun-ji on the floorl, and took her hand to run with her.On the floor was a boy, she didn't really catch his face but he was close to getting killed by a zombie, with all her strength she booted the zombie in the head, only to see she had just saved Gwi-nam.

What a waste.

She continued to run ahead though, looking for anyone she knew.

"What's going on??" Eun-ji shouted, "Why are you helping!?"

"Go ahead!" The other girl shouted, "Be safe!"

Eun-ji hesitated and ran forward.

"RIA!!!??" A familiar voice, Su-hyeok called. The call distracted her, letting her get tackled by a zombie, she just managed to grab a lunch tray and shoved it in the zombies mouth.

She didn't scream, but she couldn't get it off her. Just in time, the zombie fell off her as a shoe booted it in the head. Gwi-Nam? He didn't spend any time hanging around though, and kept on running.

She got up quickly and ran to the kitchens first to get a knife. She needed a weapon. Seeing a zombie she crouched under the counters, edging towards the tables edge which had knifes on the side. The zombie staggered around, making soft growling noises as it did so ; you could hear its bones cracking and popping.

As its back was turned , she grabbed the knife and went back under the counter. On the other side as she moved forwards, she saw Gwi-nam doing the same, holding a knife.

He held his finger to his lips signaling her to be quiet and got out of his spot to stab the zombie behind, the tactic worked and he killed it.

She didn't want to speak incase any more heard her, but she just nodded and left the kitchen, making her way to their classroom. She was able to reach the classroom hallway, but there was zombies idle on the corridor.

There was a small pile of large boxes by the side, so she hid behind them, wondering what to do. She stared down at the knife she had.

Hoping it would work, she threw the knife down the stairs at the end of the hallway, it made a loud clattering noise and the zombies started to roar and chase it.

Taking the chance, she knocked on the first door, hurriedly but so she wouldn't be too loud. They saw her and didn't let her in, but a door at the end opened, Cheong-san's head peaking out.

"Ria!! Quick come in!" He shouted, she could already hear the zombies coming back and bolted, not looking back. Cheong-san closed the door behind her.

"Oh my god." She painted, sitting on the floor with her head in her knees, "I'm so tired."

"Shit, I thought you-you-" Gyeong-su hugged her first, followed by pretty much everyone except Na-yeon and Nam-ra.

Su-hyeok was the last person to hug her, he put his hand behind her head as she did, "I'm so glad you're safe."

"Me too."

"She's  probably infected!" Na-yeon shouted, "What if she got bit?!"

Gyro get-su nearly let go of the door but he knew he couldn't, and stayed holding it.

"She's not infected." Su-hyeok said firmly, looking around, "Look if anyone doesn't believe me."

Nobody looked. Not even Na-yeon.

They found a phone, called the police who likely didn't believe them, until On-jo lied saying there was a massive fire.

Gyeong-su started to struggled with the door, "Help!"

It was too late, the door swung open, pushing Gyeong-su down to the ground and letting the person in. It was Mr Kang. The gym teacher. He shut the door behind him hurriedly.

"Mr kang?" Woo-jin said, reluctant to approach him. Ria had a bad feeling.

"Help me!" He said, Dae-su moves forward to help.

"No! He's been bit!"