Chapter 3

You stared at the card for 15 minutes straight. You were battling the thought of calling him but there were rather more pros you thought of rather than the cons. Your kind of pros, those being you possibly getting kidnapped, tortured, held captive or even better, being killed. If hooking up was a way to get what you want then-
You dial the number on your phone and your heart races when it rings. Within seconds, the man spoke.
"You called? I'm so glad!" Dazai giggles on the other side of the phone. "Although it's been a week."
"I was busy," you bluntly say.
"With work?"
"Yep."
"You must've been hiding from my handsome face when I went to Tsuna's."
Well shit. He knows.
"You quit didn't you?"
You sighed and rested yourself back. "I did."
"So you weren't busy! You lied, you know what that means," he exclaims.
"What?"
"Me and you, food and us, date."
"Convince me."
"You wont regret it if you decide to come along. Leave it as a surprise," his voice becomes less childish. You were curious now.
"So!" he raises his voice after the awkward pause. "See you in 30 minutes, outside of Rei Res, dress formally or don't, it doesn't matter."
"Dazai. It's 4 am."
"I know. Bai-bai!"
He hangs up before you could even say another word. 30 MINUTES? TODAY?

But you obeyed and stood at the buffet bar, staring down on the small menu. It was so late yet you didn't feel tired and relaxed at the thought of warm chicken corn soup entering your mouth. Rei's were usually open all day on the weekend so it's no surprise this was Dazai's choice. You already made up your mind on what you'll be munching on.
"Delicious stuff there huh?" Dazai stands directly behind you as he observes the menu as well. You were startled and move aside as you shove him. "Creep."
"Ow. Make your plate then."

You two sat across from each other as you stare at his face while he enjoys his chow mein. You smiled at the "mmm" sounds he made while he kept shoving food in his mouth. You might've had a rough life and gave up on it but surprisingly never had depression. You took the phrase "go with the flow" a little too far and only coped with everything. One thing that strangely calmed you was witnessing other people's happiness. It could be as small as a child hugging their stuffed toy to watching Dazai lazily grin. It made you smile.
"You are feasting right now. Were you hungry?" you ask as Dazai freezes and widens his eyes, realizing how much of an hungry animal he looks. But it didn't matter to him as he returned a wide smile.
"Yesth," he wipes his mouth with the napkin. "You're done?"
You nod, looking down at your empty bowl of soup and a plate with shrimp tails. "Aren't you tired?"
"You're the one who called and I answered, meaning we both don't sleep at night probably because we don't feel tired."
You were still curious about the "surprise".
Dazai stands up and offers you a hand but you get up and smile as you scoff and walk out yourself. He frowns and follows you behind, catching up with you. You didn't know where you were going but continued to walk before Dazai grips your shoulder and pulls you back. You lose your balance because of the sudden move and fall right into his chest as he holds you from behind, his hands on your upper arm.
"Oops," he smirks, standing you up. "That way, smart one."
He turns and begins to walk the other direction, pocketing his hands. You sigh and follow beside him. "So where are we going?"
His face turns from a happy one to a serious one. He shoots a glance at you and looks back ahead.
"Somewhere you can feel free enough to tell me your reasoning."
"Huh?" You were left confused and Dazai refused to say anything further. During the long walk, Dazai teased you, told his stories, and annoyed you in adorable ways. You soon felt comfortable around him and were at the location now.
"Here we are," he stops in front of a park on a hill.
An abandoned park.