Chapter 1

As I was looking out the window, I thought that the weather today was good.

A sigh left my lips as I put my head down on the desk, not paying attention to anything else.

It was just another day but without my love.

"Kim Sunoo, can you read the next line?" the professor suddenly asks.

I got flustered but still acted natural so I just stood up. "Sorry, ma'am. What line were we on?" I ask with boredom in my tone because I was.

"The seventh, Mr Kim. For that question, I'll have to see you after this session," the professor says but I could care less. I just read the line I was asked to and sat down. I acted like I was listening to the rest of the class. I didn't really care because I've read the book/script last year... My love read it to me.

—----

The class continued until it ended. Everyone began to leave while I waited until they all left and once they did, I walked up to our professor.

She looks at me as if she was trying to read me. She sighs and asks, "Are you okay Sunoo?"

I shrug my shoulders, "I'm fine, I'm just thinking of my career path."

She lets out another somewhat disappointed sigh and then looks into my eyes. "I know there's a lot of pressure and stressors in your way right now and you may be thinking that I'm one of them even if you don't mean to," she says while smiling sympathetically. "Choose the path you think you'll be happy with. If there is any chance of happiness, make sure to grab it... That will be all. Make sure to relax once in a while, okay? We'll be having a quiz next meeting about the story, I'm telling you because I saw you not paying much attention earlier." She dismisses me while giving me a kind smile.

She's our advisor and the kindest teacher in the school, to be honest.

I head to my locker to put the things I didn't need for my next class and grab the ones I do. After that, I head to the cafeteria to find my friends.

I see them talking at our table, they stop as they see me. "Hey Sun, what did you talk about?" Jay hyung asks as we were in the same class.

"Nothing just told me about the quiz." As I say that, Jungwon pushed a tray with food toward me.

"Eat up," he says with a smile that showed his dimples. Cute.

"Thanks, Won." With that, we continued with our usual chitchat. But then Sunghoon hyung cleared his throat to get our attention. We all look at him as if he was ready for some announcement or something.

"I just want to inform you all that a friend of mine will be transferring to our school tomorrow and I hope that maybe we could welcome him or something."

"Sure, why do you seem nervous though?" I ask him.

He cleared his throat again while looking at the other two. "Nothing it's just that some say he looks like... Jake," he reasons, almost whispering the last part.

This made me look at the three of them and they look kind of nervous. I guess they've met him before. "It's fine. Where did you guys meet?" I ask.

They kind of relaxed but still anxious. "We met during a dance competition... You and Jake weren't able to come that time because... He was leaving and you went with him to the airport." Sunghoon hyung answers almost hesitating to say the last part.

I let out a sigh because they are clearly tense and it was starting to get annoying. "It's fine. I'm fine. Don't make such a big deal about it, okay? I'm over everything. It's been long enough and I've had enough of you guys acting tense and awkward about it. He's not Jake so, it's fine. Move on."

With that, the bell rang and we scattered to go to our class.

—----

It's been 6 months since Jake hyung went to Japan to study and take care of their company branch there.

When he left, we didn't break up. There was no closure or anything, we just kind of faded away from each other. I know he's busy there, he still needs to get used to everything; environment, language, work, school, etc. I get it and I don't blame him. I got busier as well as I'm still unsure of the path I'd want to follow for my future.

We stopped talking 3 months after he left. It hurt for a while and I miss him sometimes. Until now, I still hesitate to call him and check up on him but I keep on thinking that he's too busy. He hasn't contacted me too, so maybe I'll just wait until he's free.

Jake hyung and I had been together for 10 months. Those 10 months were the best months I've ever had. We were in love and that's all that mattered.

—----