Chapter 4

Just then did Jimin realize how close he'd gotten to Taehyung's face. As soon as he felt his face heat up, he quickly backed away. "S-sorry." Jimin stuttered.

"I'm the one who should be apologizing! I've been using all of your stuff without permission. I was just curious as to what you were up to.." Taehyung sighed. "Oh, that's okay, I don't mind. I couldn't stop thinking about who it could be, but it looks like I caught you in the act!" They both laughed. 

"What's your name by the way, I didn't get the chance to ask earlier." "Jimin. Park Jimin." Jimin says while stuffing his hands into his pockets. "It's nice to meet you again Jimin, I'm Taehyung." He said joyfully with a contagious boxy smile. "I know." Jimin whispers, but Taehyung still heard it.

There was a short period of silence before Taehyung asked: "So, how come you have a garden up here? Like what got you into it?"

"I've loved flowers for as long as I can remember, but I only started taking care of them after my mom passed away." Jimin could see the shock and sympathetic looks that Taehyung was giving him, but he kept talking. "She loved taking care of flowers, and dreamed of opening her own florist shop. Whenever she looked at her flowers, you could tell that she was truly happy. I guess you could say that this is my way of remembering her." 

Jimin noticed how Taehyung got teary eyed and said: "It's okay, it was a really long time ago." "I'm so sorry you had to go through that, it must have been tough." He replies while wiping away his tears. 

Jimin didn't know why he was suddenly able to open up to Taehyung like this, but something about the younger made him easy to talk to.

"Let me show you around!" Jimin said, trying to cheer up Taehyung. 

He started with the box closest to them. "These are the tulips, they dont need much watering since the rain takes care of most of it. Did you know that there are over 150 different types of tulips? One day I want to have a huge garden to collect them all!"

Taehyung smiled at how happy Jimin looked while talking about his flowers. I'm sure his mother would be so proud of him. He thought.

"Next are the lilies. They grow best in groups, so I have quite a few of them in the same section. These are by far my favourite because..." Jimin then went on for a while about each type of flower he had in the garden, and his reasons for the placement of each.

Taehyung made a few comments here and there, but he was surprised at how outgoing the older became.

After the tour, the boys continued talking in the nook about various things: School, hobbies, travel destinations, and sports.

"By the way" Taehyung said. "The championship basketball game is this Saturday. Did you want to come watch? I was thinking since you shared your hobby with me, I could-" "YES!" Jimin shouted in excitement. 

Jimin was NOT going to miss out on an opportunity to spend time with the younger. He had already grown fond of him in a couple hours.

"S-sorry. I didn't think it would come out that loud.." Jimin stated with a shy smile.