The Big, Bright Apple Tree

The big, bright apple tree.

The pretty spikes of green with the compliments of juicy, colourful circles. The pretty circles of different colours leech and feast on the thick brown branches of the apple tree, the apple tree we call life. They cry out to the branches "I need you. I rely on you. Without you, I'm group-less."

The categorized apples dancing as they feast on each other's lives and emotions. The Pink Ladies share their expensive lipgloss right before making the stupidest decisions at their expensive mansion and pool party. The Golden Delicious apples lift weights in their Tiger mascot jerseys as they plan their next party with the Pink Ladies, as well as their big game coming up. The Granny Smiths do band practice while talking insanity with all the memes they can come up with. The Fuji apples soak up the Pink Ladies and Golden Delicious apples, trying anything to be like them, only to make the sad, dollar store off-brand version. The other varied apples stay in the shadows in their own small categories as they wish to be the others, yet despise the others in sheer jealously.

The branches hold onto the apple's dignity, clothes, lives, emotions, everything. Is it really worth it to become a shadow in the bunch of apples?

We try to pick and choose our personalities in a personality store. Once one wares out, you buy a new one. As you grow, you need a bigger size, a newer, funner personality. Though, at this store, they charge your mental health.

On the insides of the patch, there are other fruits. They all stare at the stereotypes as they wonder if they're right, or the others are right. "Do I join them, or not?" They'll think to themselves. The strong urge to not feel lost, to fit in that pulls you in like a magnet, though you too feel the urge to stay outside the personality store, and not buy one. The consequence of not becoming a shadow in the patch, just another apple is being alone. Alone through your journey of life, desperately wanting someone like you, but only for the consequence of building up a new stereotype in the shadow...

Is it really worth it to become a shadow in the bunch of apples?

Is it really worth it to stay out of the bunch with the consequence of being alone with no stereotype to latch onto like a nickel getting drawn to the different labeled magnets: Rich popular girl, Jock, Nerd, Wannabe's, Art Freaks, etc.

                                                                         Word Count: 422