Chapter 1: The Return

It was a normal day for me; I was walking down my street when I suddenly looked up from my phone to see that I didn't know where the hell I was. I called around for my neighbors, John and Hope Buckley, my best friends. Suddenly, a rather familiar tall man blocked my way. He looked down at me.

"Harper... is that you?" He questioned. How did this bastard know my name?

"Depends... who's asking?" I replied. He put his palm over his eyes. He let his arm down, and I saw the umbrella-shaped tattoo on his wrist. It couldn't have been him.

"L...Luther?" I cupped my mouth with my hands in a joyful shock. He came in for a hug that I gladly accepted. I hadn't seen him since I was 16.

He put his face on my shoulder and nodded. We let go of each other and he wiped a tear from his eye.

"It's been so long." He said with joy. I nodded and glanced behind him to see... The Umbrella Academy. That's where I was. However, Luther guided my vision back to him.

"Everyone's waiting for you. We all missed you." 

He turned around and I followed him back to the house. He opened the gates for me and I walked in. I stared at the doors for a few seconds before another man opened the door, smiling awkwardly. I knew just who it was.

"Klaus!" I ran into his arms and we twirled around. "It's good to have you back, sis." 

I walked into the living room to find Allison, Diego, and Vanya sitting on the couch. They all got up to greet me as we engaged in a large group hug. Klaus gladly joined in.

The hug was interrupted as I felt a soft hand touch my back. I turned around to see Pogo. 

"Welcome back, Miss Harper." 

I put my hand on Pogo's shoulder.

"Have you gotten shorter?" I asked him. He scoffed as Diego and Allison laughed.

"That's the first thing you say to Pogo when you haven't seen him for 9 years?" Allison asked me. I nodded. But something seemed off. It's almost as if someone was absent. I quickly realized that  Dad was missing. I looked around as everyone gave me confused looks. Before I could ask about it, Klaus walked over to me and put his hands on my shoulders. " He's gone...." 

"W-what?" I stuttered. I always knew the old man was going to kick it sooner or later, but never realized he would be gone so soon.

"I know it's a lot to take in, after being gone for 9 years." Vanya caressed my shoulder, I smiled. She always knew what to say to cheer me up. I brushed her hand off my shoulder and sighed. Luther looked down at the floor before locking his gaze with mine.

"Why don't we let you get settled," He glanced around the room and walked in the direction of the kitchen. Allison ran up to me in excitement and she grabbed my hands, squeezed them a little bit, then squealed.

"I set up your new room! I know your arrival was a bit sudden, but I had a few things ready for if you ever came back." I rolled my eyes and Allison dragged my arm upstairs to where the rooms were. We walked down the hall a bit, then she got to one door and stopped. I stared at the door, realizing that this had been Ben's old room. I sighed and gripped my shoulders softly. She brushed her thumb on my cheek and smiled.

"It's okay. I know you miss him," She sighed. "But your room looks so good, so let's go see!" She put one hand over my eyes and led my other arm through the door as she opened it. We stopped.

"Alright, open your eyes. Behold! Your new room!" 

I was amazed at the sight of my new room. 

It was perfect

It was perfect. I couldn't believe my eyes. I ran past Allison and onto the side couch, my new bed. I jumped onto it and sat down, it was comfortable. More comfortable than where I was living before I came back. Allison chuckled.

"I've never seen you this happy, Harper." I laughed, rolling my eyes. She winked back at me.

"Well, I'll leave you to get unpacked. The rest of us have more important things to do, like Dad's funeral." I waved goodbye as she shut the door. I lay down on my bed and stared at the ceiling.

I can't believe it. I finally made it back. But now that I am back, what do I do? Why should I stay?

I reminisced about my past experiences. Over the past 9 years, I trained at a field combat and assassination station called Siren Studio. The front is a highly professional martial arts class, but it was so much more than that. My name I had there was Crimson Ghost, or for short, Ghostie. That name was given to me by my girlfriend, Airelle Murklins, aka Kraken. She got that name for her ability to defeat large groups of people with ease, like a flick of the Kraken's tentacle. I don't know if she's still at the Siren Studio or not, but she'll be a danger to people for sure.

Just the thought of Arielle made me get butterflies. Thinking of all the time we spent together, during and after our sessions at Siren Studio. 

This one picture of her, I found really sexy. It flooded my head and blocked any other thoughts like a police troop at protests.

 It flooded my head and blocked any other thoughts like a police troop at protests

Fuck. I thought to myself. There's no way I still like her, right?

When I left Siren Studio a couple of weeks ago, I was told we were never allowed to see each other again. The studio had no problem with dating members, but we were never allowed to date alumni or outsiders. the day I left, we had a huge fight, causing her to break up with me on the spot. I got over her pretty quickly, but thinking about this picture gave me chills. Suddenly, I heard shouting from downstairs. I jolted up on my feet and walked to the door., I slowly opened the door, and I heard some sort of whooshing. I was in black sweatpants and a black square-neck cami, but I still ran down the stairs. I stopped at the bottom of the stairs when all the noise came to an abrupt stop. 

"You guys okay?" I called out. No response. "Oh cazzo, you guys are playing me right now. Guiro su cazzo, I'm coming for you guys!"

I ran to where the noise seemed to be coming but stopped before I was in vision of the doorframe, I hid behind the wall and slowly formed a ball of fire in my open palm, fingers bent.

I turned around the doorframe, staring into the backyard, but all I saw was Ben's broken statue and the body of a familiar young boy, with slicked dark brown hair and dressed in a blue and red schoolboy uniform, with the Umbrella Academy crest on the blazer. I reinforced the ball of fire in my hands and squinted, in a confused/kinda pissed expression. 

'Who the fuck is that, and WHO THE FUCK BROKE BEN'S STATUE?!"