Chapter One

Regina looked down at her newborn daughter.

"She looks exactly like her mother." Regina's husband, King Leopold, said to her.

"No, she looks like her father." Regina told him, smiling sadly. The only thing the newborn shared with her mother was the raven hair.

King Leopold smiled down at his stepdaughter. He knew there was no love between him and his new queen. Like her, he was still grieving his own wife, the previous queen and Snow White's mother, Queen Eva. Both children looked exactly like their lost parents.

"What's her name?" A small voice piped up. The two adults looked over at the person who spoke. Regina held her daughter closer to her upon seeing that it was Snow White who had asked.

"Evangeline Jade Colter." Regina replied as nicely as possible, even though her voice held the hint of anger toward the young girl.

17 Years Later

"Princess Evangeline, your mother requests your presence in the throne room." One of the maids said from the doorway of the library. I glanced up from my book and nodded. I marked my page, got up and walked into the throne room.

My mother sat on her throne when I entered. I glanced at the other throne, where my stepfather used to sit. I glanced down and quickly wiped the tear away before my mother could realize it. Two years ago my stepfather passed away giving my mother a chance to exact her revenge on my stepsister Snow White. I could understand why though. I never knew my biological father because of Snow, but I had forgiven her long ago. Snow had told my grandmother, Cora, that my mother was planning on running away with my father who happened to be below her station.

"Mother." I curtsied once I finally reached her.

"Happy birthday, my dearest."

"Thank you, Mother." I replied.

"Are you ready to practice?" She asked. I nodded.

We spent a few hours practicing my magic longer than we usually did. We only stopped when the Dark One, Rumplestiltskin arrived in a puff of red smoke. I had a small smile on my face, knowing that the only reason that the Dark One was even here was because my mother was keeping her promise and letting me learn how to teleport. The only catch was that the Dark One had to be there to see how far I had come with all my magic. My mother quickly reminded me how to teleport before I closed my eyes and visualized myself appearing behind Rumplestiltskin. I kept my destination in mind as I opened my eyes.

"You have your destination in mind?" Mother asked. I nodded, before a puff of light green smoke appeared around me, and I reappeared behind Rumplestiltskin.

"Look at that. She got it on her first try, dearie." The Dark One said.

"Quick learner." I replied from behind him. He turned around surprised.

"We're done for the day." Mother said. I disappeared in another puff of smoke and reappeared in my room. I looked around hoping for something to catch my eye before I walked out onto my balcony. I glanced up at the stars.

"I just wish she would notice me, and give up on her revenge. I wish she believed in Tinker Bell like I did all those years ago." I sighed and looked at the brightest star in the sky. "I believe."

I turned back towards the door of my room and started to walk back inside, only to be stopped by a strong gust of wind. I turned back around as the wind stopped blowing. In front of me, floating was a dark silhouette with glowing white orbs. "You believe in what?" The silhouette asked.

"In anything at this rate. Anything that would get me noticed by my mother." I replied.

"What about Neverland?"