Distant

A/N: Heyy guys!! This is my first story so I hope you guys enjoy it, Thank you for reading this story!! <3
______________________________

Lucas POV:

After the starcourt battle things haven't been the same, Mike has been only been thinking about when will and el are going to California and that's all he ever talks about, Dustin's been pretty normal just a little bit off. Will and El have been trying to enjoy the last moments they'll be in Hawkins, and max, well after billy she's been acting a little bit off and she refuses to talk about the day and when someone mentions it she stays quiet. I can always tell when something wrong with max, but most of our friends never realize it but I do.

October, 15th, 1985
Today is the day that Will, El, Joyce, and Jonathan move out, the whole party besides Will and El meet up at mikes house, then we started heading over to Wills house to help them with moving there stuff into the big moving van. The party arrives on our bikes and gets started on helping right away, we helped Will to move out his room and sort out what was going into the donation bin and the box of stuff they were keeping. While Max, Dustin and I were going through boxes Max and I were mocking Dustin for when he was singing with Susie. "Turn around, look at what you seeeeeee" I sang, "in her face the mirror of your dreamsss" Max then had sang. We both stared at eachother and we both bursted out laughing, that was the first time in a few months that I heard her laugh, I really missed her laugh.

A few hours later the Byers house was fully packed and they were ready to go and start a new journey, we all hugged them and watched as Jonathan closed the doors to the big moving van and then we all watched them drive away. I'm really going to miss them, we all are.

Max POV:

I was watching two of my best friends drive away, it hurts knowing I wouldn't see them for a while, especially El I'm going to miss her so much. I held on tight to Lucas arm with my head resting on his shoulders as the Byers were driving away.

November, 29th, 1985
It was Friday and mostly every Friday the party goes to the arcade but recently I've been kinda distant from the party. I'm not sure why but I've just felt off ever since July 4th, and yeah I mean I had Lucas, Dustin, Will, Mike, and El there for me but I don't know I guess it's just kind of hard to open up to people like that so instead of talking to them about it I guess I just push them away.

Ever since the Byers and El moved away I've been distant and I guess because of that the party doesn't really go to the arcade as much as we used to, or at least I don't. But this Friday was different I decided that maybe if I go to the arcade I can distract myself from my feelings and distant my self even more, and it's not like I want to distant myself, I feel like I have no choice, almost like I have to distant myself I mean it just feels different every time I'm around them. I don't know I think I'm mainly scared because I'm losing myself and I'm afraid there gonna lose me to and if I stuck around I feel like because of my own issues I'll take it out on them. My friends are the most important people in my life right now and I never want to hurt them.

Anyways the bell rang and school was over I put my stuff away in my locker and pulled out my skateboard, then suddenly I heard someone call out "Hey Max wait up!" As I was closing my locker, I recognized the voice it was a very familiar voice, a voice that always makes me feel safe, it was Lucas. I hoped he only wanted to have small talk and I hoped we didn't talk for long.

I mean it's not like I don't wanna talk to him I always wanna talk to him, I love him, but I just don't want him to find out I'm headed to the arcade I don't know I just need alone time.

I turn around and I see him walking towards me "Hey Max!" He said with a huge smile on his face , "oh hey" I responded as I started to walk towards the doors, he walked with me, "so uh I was wondering if you wanted to head over to my place after school? We could just chill and watch a movie if you want" he had said hopeful that I would agree. "Uhh, you know what sure but I'll come over later around 6" I had said hoping he will understand, "oh okay sure!" He said with a smile on his face. "Well I'll cya later" I said as I was getting ready to skate to the arcade. "Alright bye!" He said then he started to walk over towards the bike rack, as I waved goodbye. I then hopped on my skateboard and started to skate to the arcade.

About 10 minutes later i arrived, I picked up my skateboard as I headed into the arcade hoping I wouldn't run into anyone from the party, I walked in and looked around and I started to walk over to dig dug and I pulled out some spare change from my pocket's and I got a quarter out and dropped it into the arcade game, then I started playing.

I was almost about to beat my high score but then I heard a voice that caught me off guard, "Max?" Someone had said. I turned around and it was Dustin. I was a little disappointed to see him here I mean I came here to get some time alone but of course something had to interrupt that time. "Oh uh hey" I respond kind of shocked. "Hey what are you doing here?" He had asked while walking towards me. "What does it look like I'm doing, obviously I'm playing dig dug" I responded kind of annoyed. "Jeez okay no need to be rude I was just asking I mean you haven't been here in a while I thought you stopped playing" he said kind of offended. "Well I didn't stop playing just haven't rlly been here in a bit, anyways I was about to leave" I responded as I turned around getting ready to leave. "Oh uh okay well bye" Dustin had said with a confused look on his face as he turned around to get back to the game he was at.

I walked out the arcade kind of annoyed and I got my skateboard out and started skating home. When I got home I took of my shoes and placed my bag down. Then I was getting ready to take a nap for  about 30 minutes considering that I had to be at Lucas house by 6 and it was only 4:30. I laid down in my bed just thinking about everything that happened today since the time I woke up, til now.

Then I started to think about July 4th a day I dread thinking about so as soon as my mind started to thinking about billy and that day I got up quickly and went to the bathroom and I poured very cold water on my face as a way to refresh my train of thoughts.

I walked back to my room and finally laid down and relaxed as my eyes got heavier and heavier until they shut and I had fallen asleep.

A/N: Hey ik this part is kind of short but, Thank you so much for reading part 1 of this story, I will get started on part 2 very soon it should be out in maybe about a week or 2, because the next few day I'm going to be very busy and won't have time to write so I hope you enjoyed it so far I'm gonna get some rest rn considering I haven't slept in days so I hope you enjoyed this and look forward to more of this LUMAX story <3.