9

Jihoon went back to spacing out as he slowly chewed on his food, his mind strayed a little bit to a fresh memory from a month ago when he went to the airport with the rest of Yujin friends to wave her good-bye. The thing about Yujin is that she was wise, despite her young age. She would always stay attentive to everyone. She knew when to speak and how to speak. She knew the exact words to say and she liked Jihoon cause she found these traits on him. He was nice to her and she appreciated that. When Jihoon's turn to say good-bye finally came. Everyone walked away to give them some space. Jihoon was smiling at her and she smiled back, then they both let out some shy giggle.

"I'm going to miss you Jihoonie" said Yujin "I am so happy that my first boyfriend got to be you"

"I feel the same Yujinie" said Jihoon

"Make sure your first boyfriend is that person" said Yujin earning a questioning look on Jihoon's face. She smiled at that "I know your feelings towards were real, but i feel like that other person possess a bigger part of your heart" then she kissed him on the cheeks for the last time "Make sure you get him, i will never forget you Jihoon". Then she walked away, leaving Jihoon's mind messed up with thoughts. It took him the entire day to finally realize who 'that person' was. He realized it when his heart skipped a beat hearing Junkyu laugh while watching a movie together. Then his mind went back to the night he discovered that Junkyu was stronger than he thought. Junkyu was so strong that he maybe won't need him someday and that thought scared Jihoon.

"Jihoonie?" the older startled when he heard the younger call him "Are you okay?"

"Yeah yeah i'm fine" said Jihoon as he stood up "I was just thinking of the upcoming exams"

"What?" said Junkyu laughing "And you're shy from the exams that your whole face had turned red or what?" Junkyu kept laughing at him and the older faced him with his back and was ready to go. Junkyu followed him still giggling at how embarrassed his bestfriend was.

As they both were taking down the stairs to go back to their classes, a bunch of seniors stopped their way. Junkyu dropped what was in his hands and when Jihoon turned to check on him, he saw a terrified look on Junkyu's face a one that dropped his heart. He helped him carry the garbage and as soon as he turned back to face the 3 olders, he felt Junkyu's hand fisting on the back of his shirt.

"Ya Jihoon" said on of them. Jihoon felt his friends hand shivering on his back "Would you join us in a karaoke night this saturday?"

"I'm sorry Hyung i already have plans on weekend" said Jihoon trying to maintain a smile on his face yet inside he was raging. He knew that this group of losers were the one who caused that harm to Junkyu but still, he promised Junkyu to not engage at any fights.

"Plans?" said another one of them

"Do you have a girlfriend or something?" the third one said

"No hyung" Jihoon still replied politely

"Don't tell me you're hanging out with that loser behind you" That's when Jihoon lost it. Without a second thought his fist met the senior's face making Junkyu gasp. Jihoon had kept his calm for past months. But he never forgot any of these words addressed to Junkyu. It looked like he was out of his mind as kept punching the senior's face mercilessly. The other two were shocked that they couldn't move to stop Jihoon. The anger he held for so long, since the day he saw Junkyu's scars was let out on that bully's face.

"Jihoon!" Junkyu shouted making the older snap back to reality. He looked at the bloody mess under him, then he looked at Junkyu and his eyes softened. The other two seniors took that as a chance and pushed Jihoon away from that bully . The latter fell on the floor and hit his head on the wall behind him. They couldn't look at him in the eyes in fear they'll end up like their friend so they took the beaten up student and walked away as fast as possible. When they finally disappeared Junkyu ran to Jihoon to check up on him. His hands were trembling hard looking up and down to Jihoon without the ability to speak. He was worried, shocked. He knew for certain that if he didn't call Jihoon's name the latter would end up in jail for murder.

Junkyu hated that. He hated how Jihoon would do things just for him and he hated that Jihoon treated him that special but he was nothing but his childhood friend. Whoever was that person who beated the shit out of his bully, that wasn't Jihoon he grew up with, he played with, he cried with. That wasn't Jihoon that was someone else. He refused to accept that. He grabbed a clean tissue ad started wiping the blood from Jihoon's hand with shaking fingers and silent words. He couldn't look at Jihoon and it broke the latter's heart.

"I am sorry" said Jihoon, looking down "I disappointed you"

"No i-" Junkyu was trying his best to hold his tears "We're late for class" Then he helped the older stand up. Jihoon kept looking at him, he knew that Junkyu felt his stares but the younger didn't look back. His face looked pale as if he just went through a trauma and it hurt Jihoon's heart.

"Junkyu look at me" The younger shut his eyes and took a deep breath

"Great you can walk by yourself" He let Jihoon's arm and started walking down stairs

"Kyu..."

"Let's go Jihoon"

The way to their classroom was silent. Everyone was looking at Jihoon _who walked behind Junkyu_ and whispered. Some gasped at his bruised hands. Junkyu of course noticed that and he felt hurt and guilty that Jihoon's picture was now ruined because of him. They took their normal seats, and none of them spoke to the other. Junkyu didn't want that for Jihoon. He didn't want to make him excluded from everyone in school. Soon enough the teacher walked in with the headmaster of the school. He scanned the classroom with his eyes until they landed on Jihon who was looking down.

"Mr Park Jihoon" Both Junkyu and Jihoon raised their heads at the Principal's voice "to my office now!" Junkyu's heart clenched, he saw the older mouth 'it's okay' before he stood up and left to the administration. Junkyu's head paid no attention to the teacher. He kept on biting his nails the entire biology class. As soon as the bell rang, he waited for all students to leave before he walked to the teacher. He looked nervous but he had to do whatever he needed to do. Jihoon didn't deserve anything.

"Mr choi" said Junkyu quietly "What happened to Jihoon?"

"Well, some students reported him for physical violence" replied the teacher arranging his papers, then he noticed how nervous Junkyu looked "Junkyu is everything okay?" The student looked up at his teacher and gulped.

"Sir i need to testify"