02: Broken glasses

*the italics are yōko's pov

Yōko showed up to school clearly upset that she didn't get enough sleep because of the memory of aren kissing her continuously replayed in her mind over and over the whole night, she couldn't get over how easy it was for him to kiss her like that.

Yōko quickly her shoe locker and a crumpled up letter fell from her locker, landing on her feet as she blinked at the piece of paper. 'A letter?' Yōko picked up the paper and held it closer to her face to read what was written on the cover.

'Please give to kuboyasu' Yōko read what was written on the outside of the letter, and clenched it in annoyance. 'Why do i have to deal with this?!' Yōko's eye twitched as more letters and gifts for kuboyasu fell from her locker like a never-ending loop. 'The hell!?!?!'

I don't want anything to do with him.

Trust isn't something that can easily be given, He took advantage of my confusion the other day and kissed me!

Yōko shook her head as she walked through the crowded halls of pk academy, the memory still stuck in her head.

I guess if i'm in a bad spot and left with no choice..maybe i can rely on him, but how could that happen?

Yōko was deep in thought and didn't notice someone running in through the window. "WOAH?!"

It was aren, his eyes widen and his mouth agaped as he fell directly on top of yōko, making the girl groan in pain as she opened her eyes to be met by his.

"sorry.." Aren apologized as he looked down at her. "Kuboyasu, you ass" Yōko cursed at him as she squirmed around under him. "Are you okay, yōko?" Aren worriedly asked, he started to blush as he realized that his face was so close to her's that their noses were touching and it looked like they were going to kiss any second.

"Where did you come from? Get away from me!" Yōko pushed him off of her as her face was bright red, sitting up as aren was thrown to the side. "Going through the main gate is a pain, this way is faster" Aren explained as he noticed yōko's glasses weren't on her, yōko's eyes widen when she realized as well and hurriedly tried to find them on the floor.

"Ah..your glasses, I'm sorry!" Aren quickly apologized, seeing that the impact completely made her glasses shatter. "It's fine, I broke them..I have another pair anyway, I can use those." Yōko reassured him, making him let out a relieved sigh.

"Do you have them with you?" "They're at home"

"Then, for today-" Aren got cut off mid-sentence. "It's not like i can't see at all!" Yōko lied, squinting a bit as all she could see was a blurry. "I can do this much, it's fine!" Yōko said, standing up and patting down her skirt for any dust. "Whenever i get involved with you, you ruin everything!" Yōko stated as she walked away, the boy frowned and stood up from where he sat— watching the girl's figure disappear. "It doesn't seem okay.." Aren whispered to himself and followed after yōko.

"Yōko..can you see the black board?" Aren asked, leaning closed to her as yōko just scribled down on her notebook with her face really close to the paper. "I need to write down before i forget what the teacher said, shut up." She whispered to aren as he sighed.

"I'll take notes today, then later.." Aren reassured her, but she only clicked her tongue in annoyance. "It's fine, I won't rely on you." Yōko glared at him, denying that she needs help and shifted her eyes back to her paper right after.

"I'll ask someone else." Yōko told him while aren was still set on helping her out. "I happen to have a recorder with me today, I can film the black board and send it to you." Aren said, grinning at her as yōko sighed.