The Reign of Nikolai II

The Salvation came to Nikolai II upon his coronation. This was a new sensation and, at the time, it was limited to the king alone. Josenius, he learned, had a darker name: Satan. Furthermore, Jesus, the one who had provided The Salvation, was the Son of God and yet also God. It was, and still is, confusing, but we simply accept it. Apparently, according to our current king, it has something to do with finity vs. infinity and how it simply is incomprehensible. Anyway, Satan (Josenius, whatever) was cast out, and threatened with an assault from Jesus should he ever return.

     Nikolai II took a young peasant girl, Theodora, as his queen, a thing Nikolai I had never had. Though I say "thing," I know she was a person, and yet, more powerful, like to the king himself. This was an oddity in those times, and it made many people wonder. Eventually, they got over it, and we moved on with our lives.

     Three hundred years passed in peace under the second king. It was a time of prosperity for our world. It was a simpler time, with a man with a sixth-grade education being a scholar. A titanic thrust in the favor of the people was made when the king, of his own volition, no less, decreed the formation of the Senate. At the time, the people were thrilled. Many flocked to the polls for the first election. However, there appears to have been some confusion in the king's mind over the definition of "poll" in this case. For, you see, we arrived for voting (I was among the people at that time, about 200 years into the reign of Nikolai II) to see a large steel poll.

     It turns out that people were supposed to whisper into the poll whom they wanted in office. The king would then appoint those senators, and he actually selected ninety-five (out of a hundred) that were favored by the people. However, the joy of this new body was not to last, as shall be seen in the following chapters.

     Nikolai II at this time appointed several advisors from the Senate, twelve men who were all favored by the people. I find this odd, as Jesus, the Son of God, also had twelve friends who would sit with him at dinner, and then one would...well, though it is still in this chapter, I would be ruining the surprise if I told you that.

     The twelve were: Arnus, Telmus, Christonph, Yeseferoth, Corthol, Antrimus, Folgoth, Arputus, Thokonil, Angtrost, Bestlectil, and Orphoroth. All these men were well-liked and trusted by the king. They would discuss the issues of government for hours on end. And this group placed into effect great power for the Senate should a usurper come forth. Little did they...I need to stop ruining it! But...I suppose you have been held in suspense long enough, and there is little left to tell. Ironic, that I lasted a paragraph before having to tell you about it anyway.

     About 300 years after Nikolai II rose, Angtrost, Orphoroth, Telmus, and Corthol were with the king, walking through the countryside, enjoying the fine scenery. Telmus and Corthol were called back to the city on "urgent business." This left only the king, Angtrost, and Orphoroth. It was at this point that the traitor (were you really expecting anything else after the Last Supper reference?) struck. Angtrost took out a knife, and stabbed the king in the stomach. As the king lay dying, Orphoroth fled to the city to warn the Senate to take emergency action, but was killed by Angtrost. It was at this point that Angtrost took the crown and the traditional name of a king: Nikolai III, most evil of all the kings.