The Power of Perception

One Shot that follows Not So Lucky After All, another to follow! Please follow me to read my other stories :)

Title: The Power of Perception

Category: Books » Sookie Stackhouse/Southern Vampire Mysteries

Author: MorganJane

Language: English, Rating: Rated: K

Genre: General

Published: 02-14-13, Updated: 02-14-13

Chapters: 1, Words: 2,010

Chapter 1: Chapter 1

The Power of Perception

one-shot – the color red

Not mine but CH's world, and I like to play... no harm meant or money gained. Not Beta ed

It's been so ooo lonely without you here eere ... like a bird without the sun...da da da, I belted out in my best Sinead O'Connor, nothing can stop these lonely tears from fallllllllllllling, tell me baby, where did I go wrong...

I hit the steering wheel of my new car a few times with the palm of my hand for dramatic effect. I'm not a great singer and Bill gave me the stink eye. Or at least the stinkiest eye his cold expression could muster.

I continued to sing, I can put my arms around evvvveeeery boy I see eee but the only remind me of you, ah ah ah ah ooo I went to the doctor and guess what he told me, guess what he told me...

I didn't dare look at Bill's expression again, I was driving. It kept my mind off of things. Bad things.

"Why must we listen to this station?" Bill interrupted my song therapy and started to reach for the knob.

I started to hit his hand but thought again, I let him turn off the radio and I turned it back on again with the buttons on the wheel. Take that. "Because Bill, I am not driving to Oklahoma listening to Kenny G!"

"Very funny, Sookie," Bill said in his dry voice. "I am glad you like your new car. Also, I am honored you took my advice and purchased a hybrid."

"Well, I do like it. Plus, someday I am bound to be broke and won't be able to afford gas." I did like the little red hybrid Honda CR-Z sport, it was fun to drive. Then again, "Who knows maybe Niall will always show up when I feel down and drop winning lottery tickets in my lap." My Great Great Fairy Grandfather had admitted to helping me come into some money a while back to cheer me up. He went with me to get the car. Since then I have been finding all kinds of surprises, I guess Niall really would come around when I was sad if there were no vampires around. Fairies were sneaky. I never caught him but every time I had an especially hard day, I would find a surprise in the morning.

"I still can't believe you interviewed all those fools about a found lottery ticket. Niall was right to reveal his trick to get you to accept the money. Sookie, you are too good." Bill was kissing up all the time now that he was babysitting me for the King. With Eric gone to Oklahoma, Felipe de Castro had me reading someone weekly and Bill was my bodyguard/handler. It's not the life I wanted but while I wasn't at the bar it kept my mind off things.

"I am going to drive some on this trip, right?" Bill asked.

"Yes, I can't stay up all night, and it takes six hours and six minutes to get there," I added six seconds in my head thinking of the dreaded place we were summoned. "Sorry, I didn't want to fly, I like having my own car in situations like these."

"These situations? Sookie, we are attending a Ball, you'll need to aid the King in some negotiations but I foresee no danger." Bill broke the news to me steadily last week, that we would have to travel to the Queens territory. The Queen that stole my man.