Chapter 1

I normally wouldn't just go out and say that I'm obsessed with candles, but I'm obsessed with candles.

I have tons of them. Big, small, scented, unscented, used, unused, everything. Name a scent, I have it.

I don't really understand why I like them so much, I mean, they're just globs of wax in a jar with a wick that you burn.

So...

Not really sure why I like them that much.

And don't worry! You think it's dangerous that I light them so much? I've only set something on fire twice! Once was my dresser, and the other was the whole house! Oops?

But anyways, they're just so... awesome!

The way the flame dances back and forth, especially when you blow on it, how you can re-light them by using the smoke, how the wax slowly melts, just everything about them! But, that's not really important right now. Oh, and by the way, this is going to be one of the few times that I talk to you. The rest is going to be the whole story on how I am where I am now: In an apartment with my fiancé, living as happily as I could ever be. And it's all because of candles. Well, I mean, I guess that's why I like them that much... but still, they're just candles. Anyways, my name is Aaliyah, I'm 5'1, dirty blond hair, and I'm 22. I'll stop talking about myself right now so that you can actually learn the story... Well, here it goes.