chapter seven

I begin panting as I came close to the end of my four mile run. I just had to get to the end of this sidewalk and I would be okay. The end came nearer and nearer until I finally hit it, taking in a deep breath. It's so different running in the heat normally than it is back home, but today it's cold and windy, and the sky gets darker rather than lighter with each step.

I take a big gulp of water as I walk back down the side walk to cool down a bit and lower my heartrate. The wind grows a little stronger and it helps me cool down quicker. I look towards the grass and then up to the building I stay in and try to find my room. It's pretty easy to spot, my purple beach towel flows in the wind. I smile looking towards the deck, thinking about three days ago, or nights ago when Chris took me out.

I've been debating just leaving and going to his room before remembering I didn't know where his room was. I was ready in forty minutes and was anxious. I made Jessica go back to the pool or beach and leave me be to get ready. I didn't put any makeup on, just some shorts and a nice floral top. My hair was in a bum in the top of my head, and I had tan flip flops on that were close to matching the color of my skin. I looked in there mirror debating makeup but ended up deciding against it and walking towards the door with my purse on my shoulder. I open the door, looking at my phone, as if he'd call or something even when he doesn't have my number.

"Shit," I bump into someone, well Chris, it was his voice. I gasped and looked up at him. "We really need to stop doing this." His hands are on my forearms when I look up and smile at him. I swear he got hotter in less than an hour.

I chuckle awkwardly and look down towards the ground before meeting his gaze. "I was just, uh, sorry. I'm prone to bad luck and being clumsy and talking when I don't need to. I don't know if I mentioned blurting out irrelevant things all the time, and making everything a song lyric." I stop as the smile on his face grows. Way to lose any cool I may have had. "Woops," he laughs and then takes my hand.

"Are you ready?" he squeezes my hand and I nod, shutting the door behind me. "I just want you to know this isn't a normal dinner date." He walks us toward the elevator.

"This is a date?" I stop in my tracks, looking at him in disbelief. "I thought this was just a dinner..." I shake my head.

His eyes widen and his hand goes to his neck, "Uh, n-no." he shakes his head and I smile on him. His eyes catch mine as realization takes over his features then he laughs,"That,... was not funny." He pulls me with him once again.

"It was really funny." I laugh and ask, "so dinner?"

"Yea, about that."

We went to a homeless shelter and served them dinner. It was such a cute idea and I just wanted to hug him the whole time, or kiss him. He seemed so happy, and I was happy all night too and we ate after. We grabbed a quick meal before he walked me up to the door. He was so cute, asking me if I had a good night multiple times, like he was worried a night like that wouldn't be fun for me.

"Are you sure it wasn't boring?" He stops in front of my door and leans against the wall beside it. He bit his lip and grabbed one of my hands in his.

"No, I swear it was really fun so stop asking." He smiled at me again and pulled me closer to him.

"You sure?" his face was inches away from mine, his breath hit the tip of my nose.

I blush a little, "Hundred percent." I whisper.

"Angeleena, hurry up! I can only wait for details for so long." Jessica's voice calls from inside and I sigh.

"Guess that's my queue." I whisper again, reaching my hand up to his cheek. He places his hand over mine and squeezes it. The roughness of his beard feels good under the tips of my fingers. "I'll see you soon." I move my thumb back and forth once before removing my hand and opening the door. "Soon?"