chapter 1

it was a sunny day with a slight breeze, which is quite usual for a beautiful day in autumn. the sidewalk was covered in shades of orange and yellow as (y/n) walked to school. she admired the beautiful nature around her. "today's gonna be a good day, i can feel it" (y/n) thought, smiling to herself.

the school started to appear in the distance, the boring building that was still unfamiliar to (y/n), since she is just a freshman. as she spotted the place she calls "hell", she started to speed up, not wanting to be even a second late.

"shit shit shit! i'm so late!" (y/n) screamed inside her head as she ran into class. she hadn't seen anyone in the hallways when she entered the school, so that was her first assumption. but, despite all of her overthinking, there were only 2 other people in her 1st period when she walked in, though she only recognized one of them as her best friend since middle school, lydia zhou.

(y/n sat beside lydia, the only sound being chair legs squeaking on the floor as she pulled it away from the desk and the quiet arctic monkeys song coming from lydia's airpods. as lydia saw (y/n) out of the corner of her eye, she quickly paused her music. "you're actually here?!" lydia yelled, shocked that you not even just showed up on time, but you're early. (y/n) laughed awkwardly, looking down at her desk. "i guess so" she shrugged.

(y/n) looked up at the other person in the room, just remembering that he was there. he had dark brown hair and was wearing a lazy outfit, consisting of a dark gray hoodie and black sweatpants. (y/n) leaned closer to lydia, whispering to her "who's that guy?"

lydia shrugged "i dunno, probably just some new kid." the boy turned around, close enough to them that he could hear the 2 girls gossiping about him. (y/n) stared at him, making eye contact with the brunette. she felt her heart beating faster as she looked at him. the boy had a calm expression on his face, but it was sort of melancholic at the same time. "he's...really pretty" she thought to herself, looking back down at her desk once she realized that she was staring.

the boy turned back around once (y/n) looked back down at her desk, and then there was silence. but (y/n)'s thoughts were the opposite of silent. "holy crap! did i just get a crush on a guy i don't even know, yes, yes i did! i wanna kiss him so bad! wait what? girl! get a hold of yourself! you've never spoken a single word to this man, and now you wanna kiss him? hell no! but yes! but no! dude! just shut up!"

(y/n) finally left her thoughts when she felt lydia tap her shoulder. "girl, you ok? you just spaced out for a second." (y/n) didn't answer for a second, until she quietly said "no, i'm not ok, i'm in love."