chapter one

Ten years earlier
Click! Click! Click! Click!
The sounds of lady shoes could be heard sprinting through the hall ways. A little girl comes into view wearing a ball gown embroided with blue Crystals which complemented her sapphire eyes. She looked young, about 6 or 7 years.

" Alexis! Alexis!"
A young woman called her which made her sprinting halt and she turned around around.
" Mother" she made a curtly bow to the young woman as she made her way towards her.
" Alexis, what are you doing running around in your royal gown. Do you want to get it dirty?. Besides a proper lady shouldn't run, you must learn to walk elegantly like the princess that you are if you want to find a good suitor for yourself."

" Sorry mother" the little girl bowed slightly in apology.

" Nevermind. Now look, your dress is all wrinkled, how will people recognize your royalty if you're wearing a wrinkled dress" the young lady said which made the little girl look down at her dress.
" It's not that wrinkled queen mother" she replied the woman

" Let me take care of that"

the young woman then stretched her hand forward and in the next second all the wrinkles were gone as blue Sparks flew towards the dress.
" Wow mother. You're Soo good at using your magic, I wish I could be like you. You're even in the history books"
The young woman smiled and replied " with a little practice and dedication you could even be better than ma. Who knows maybe you could even be part of the people suspected as the chosen ones"

Just then a royal guard came towards the mother and child duo.

" Your highness" he bowed and the young woman motioned for him to rise and speak.
" Speak Lord Benedict"
" Your highness, the party will be starting soon therefore your presence is requested at the Grand ball room immediately."  He said not looking her in the eye. Nobody dates look a royal blood in the eye regardless of their ages, respect must be accorded to them.

The young lady nodded and turned to the little girl" come Alexis, let us go" and that walked away leaving the guard behind.

They got to the ball room and strode elegantly through the door to their thrones which was beside the king's throne.
     The room was filled to the brim with guests who came to attend the party and that all bowed when the royal family walked in and took their seats. the king seated in the middle, at his right hand side the queen, at his left hand side the prince, than beside the prince was the little princess (Alexis).

The king said a few words as everyone congratulated him a happy birthday. The party merrying started and they all dined.

Everything was going well until...............well, it wasn't.

A loud thud was heard and every-
Body froze in their spot. Their eyes darted to the huge door as it burst open and many soldiers start to troop in. Soldiers start to troop in. Guards pulled out their swords and the soldiers charged towards them. They started fighting.

       Clashing of swords were heard. Some guards came to usher the royal family out but the king and prince insisted on staying.