2: Quirks

Riki started looking forward to kindergarten the closer he and Izuku got. They played games together, wrote short stories, and tried to get their quirks activated.

"Woah, that's so cool!"

"Thats such an awesome quirk Bakugo!"

Hearing the praise for their unofficial third, Riki and Izuku turned to see sparks coming from Katsuki's hands. "Woah! Kacchan that's such a cool quirk! What is it? What are you gonna call it? Does it hurt? Its so pretty."

Katsuki grinned triumphantly and produced the name. "Explosion." He said. A larger spark, like a mini explosion, confirmed the name and he smirked.

Riki did not join in on the praise. He didn't like the way Bakugo looked. Not one bit.

He quickly learned he was right to dislike that look as Bakugo used his powerful quirk to gather a pair of bullies to follow him around. The blonde used his power for his own good, starting a little agency. Izuku followed him everywhere and Riki followed Izuku.

Bakugo lead them everywhere, even going in places the kids knew they shouldn't. "Don't be such a scaredy cat Deku!" He would say when Izuku mentioned being worried. Riki hated that nickname. It meant useless. "I have an awesome quirk, I'll protect us!"

"Yeah, Deku! Stop being such a party pooper!" The others would chime in. Riki kept to himself, silently comforting his green haired friend.

"Forward marching, here we go! Members of the agency Ba-ku-go! Sount o- aaah!" Bakugo slipped off of the log he'd been marching the group over. A splash flew up as he landed in the creek below them.

"Kacchan!" Izuku backed up, running down the creek bed and splashing towards the groups leader. "Kacchan are you hurt?" He extended a hand to the blonde.

His childhood friend, the only person besides Riki who was consistently there, looked up at him in disgust. Bakugo smacked Izuku's hand away and stood up, shoving him into the water. "Don't look down on me, stupid Deku!"

Riki could see the exact moment his best friend's heart shattered. He had to say something! Anything to get Bakugo to apologize. "Stop it Bakugo! You're a... you're..." Riki searched for the right word. "You're a villain!" He stomped off of the log and down the creek.

"What did you call me?" Bakugo's hand twitched, sparks flying. Uh oh. "I'm gonna be the number one hero, stupid! I'm not a villain! I'm gonna beat All Might!" He shoved a thumb at his own chest. "You need to show me some respect!"

"No! Katsuki is a bully, Katsuki is a bully!" He began chanting. "You should change your name to Bully! Bully Bakugo! You're just like a villain!"

Bakugo shoved Riki, setting off an explosion. "Be quiet!" He crossed his arms. "You're both fired from my agency! You're not allowed to hang out with us ever again!"

Izuku started crying and Riki felt tears well up in his own eyes from the pain. "Fine!" Riki shouted, watching Bakugo scale the creek bed and rejoin the other two. "You're just a bully!"

As soon as they were gone, Riki helped Izuku up and they returned to Izuku's house. Inko fretted over the two, applying burn cream to Riki's chest. Bakugo had a lot of quirk accidents, so all three moms had burn cream. Mitsuki, Inko and Riki's own mother.

"You kids need to be more careful when you're playing with Katsuki. One of you could get really hurt!" Inko scolded, putting a bandaid on Izuku's scraped knee.

"We aren't playing with him anymore. Bakugo kicked us out of his agency cause he's mean." Riki scowled, putting on a spare shirt of Izuku's since they were the same size.

"He isn't mean! He was trying to save his look. Kacchan doesn't want the others to see him be weak so he had to."

"Izuku, honey, let's not make excuses for him, okay?" Inko said, kissing his forehead.

"Honey, Izuku! I'm home!" Izuku's dad, Riki never remembered his name, walked in after removing his shoes.

"Daddy!" Izuku ran to his father and hugged him. "Welcome back!"

The man standing before Riki was tall, tall as All Might even! He had black hair and Riki could definitely see some freckles. So that's where Izuku gets them! His eyes were a really pretty blue and his mouth had scars around it. Wonder what those were from?

"Heya kiddos!" The man picked Izuku up and looked at Riki. "Hey! I'm Hitachi, Izuku's dad. Who are you?"

"Tanaka Riki sir! Its a pleasure to meet you!" Riki shoved a hand out and straightened his expression.

"You're one tough kid, huh? Stay the night. I'll make this new recipe I learned in Louisiana from a hero name Mama. She's super sweet."

Hitachi continued on and made dinner. Riki's mom agreed to let him stay, even if it was only Wednesday, and the duo got to have a sleepover.