Bucket Pail

I grab my bag out of my locker and quickly shove all of my things in it. When I get back up I get shoved up against the locker.

"You freak, why do you even go to this school?" The person yells in my ear with my face still shoved up against the locker.

"You don't belong here! You don't belong anywhere." He yells again and I hear his goons laugh.

He turns me around and pushes me to the floor. I put my head in my hands as they start kicking me repeatedly in the stomach.

They finally stop and I try to get up. I groan and lift my shirt to see a big bruise there. I put my shirt back down and grab my bag, slinging it over my shoulder.

I push the doors open and start walking down my usual path, limping a little.

"They're right," I mutter to myself.

"I don't belong here, I don't belong anywhere."

I go over to the forest where a bunch of trees were, I decided to call this place the Bucket Pail. I don't know why it just kind of sticked.

I sit under the great oak as always. I take out my homework and start on it. I finish my homework pretty quickly and put the papers back into my bag.

I get up, leaving the bag at the bottom of the trunk. I climb up the tree and get to the branch I always sit at. I lay back on it, not worrying about falling and sigh.

I close my eyes and just listen to the sounds of nature around me. I feel the warmth of the sun shining through the leaves and hitting my face.

I smile, this is the only peace time I get everyday.