RARE

CHAPTER: 3

"The universe is a strange place. Stardust falls at random, and humans fall in love."

-K. TOWNE JR.

ADRIAN

The only thing I hate about my life right now is that I have to live with my parents. It's not that they make my life horrible or miserable but I just hate living with them. I am 21 and I am about to finish my college in two years. I am capable of making my own money for my own good but I don't know when my parents will understand that.

My father is the biggest support in my life, he's always had my back, and about my mother, oh sweet lord she a masterpiece. Why? Well, because I am an only child. A lot of people think that being an only child is great and shit but what they don't realize is that, it comes with a hell lot of unwanted attention.

God, it's overwhelmingly annoying.

I was 16 when a girl asked me out for the first time ever and since then I've had 3 girlfriends. My parents knew about all of them and for some strange reason, they believed I will marry at least one of them. I don't know why my parents are so old school. I come from a very healthy family. I never saw my father disrespecting my mother. Neither did I see my mother disrespecting my father.

Above everything, my parents love me too much. They give me the space I need and the privacy I own. There is just one problem that is that I have to live with them. For the first two months I moved out there was not a single day my mother didn't come to check up on me. She attended a few of my house parties too. The funny thing is my friends love her more than they love me.

My mother indeed is a superstar, everyone's favourite. She is a professional chef and owns more than half of the city's restaurants throughout London and my father is the mayor!

I know, my parents have big time money.

They pay for my college tuition and I pay for my bills, other than living and my tuition. I work as a resident assistant at the university and it pays well, enough to get me satisfied and fulfilled but most of the time I don't have the need to use my money because all the posh restaurants I go to are my mothers and she doesn't like me paying, so, yeah I don't pay for half the shit I do even other the Bently I drive is my father's, I pay for gas though, which does not count a bit.

So, even though I am 21 I am still bounded and dependent on my parents, which I am very thankful for. However, I want to be on my own and discover myself.

I started working as soon as I got out of high school. My parents never stopped me. They never stop me from doing anything. They just have one condition. Which is; that they want me to stay with them, they don't want me to move out.

They love me too much I guess. And I am glad they do, not everyone is lucky enough to have what I have and I am great-full for the life my parents have given me.

I love interacting with new people and I love making new friends. I have a lot of friends, a lot, and I can die for them, they are my life. My friends are my family and I love them. Also, I love to drive, I love travelling.

I haven't really actually ever been out of London though, it's just something about this city. I never want to leave this place. Sure, I want to travel to a few places on my 'to go' list, but it's going to take a lot of time for me to actually reach a point where I could fund my own travelling gigs.

I don't share my wannabe travelling diaries with my parents because they will give up on everything and just plan a whole damn trip for me, which bothers me because I am 21, and I should be able to pay for my bills but it seems near impossible.