Vol 1 Chapter 1.2

How uneventful, my first day of school

The entrance ceremony.

It's supposed to be something where everyone is filled with joy, especially after being accepted into such a nicely refined school such as this.

Handshakes, hugs and smiles. That's the first thing I thought of when when were all told to line up for this school's entrance ceremony. Of course I did as I was told and simply lined up behind a fairly tall looking man, I could have sworn he was bald but it was too soon to assume. Though I would be blind to say he's not bald....

"What the hell is someone like him doing here...?"

"Hmm? Did you say something?"

Crap. I thought to myself as I stared up and the tall man who was now facing me while crossing his arms.

It was certainly nothing more than a horrifying sight to say the least. Not only was he tall but he seemed well-built too, enough to probably pulverize me into dust if I angered him. That's an overstatement but given how untrained I am in martial arts....or body building in general, I was certain I wouldn't last a punch from this gu- no, man.

"Sorry I was just wondering about your physique. You look pretty muscular compared to a lot of people here and your image looks more closely to that of an adult. My apologies if I insulted you in any way."

I had to come up with something instantly. From his gaze alone I could tell he's not one to take any type of bullshit excuse. Thus the simplest way of getting out of this mess was by changing the topic to his manly physique instead of the back of his bald eagle.

"Well I suppose I do get that a lot. It's nothing more than just genetics though. Though if we're talking about images, your eyes intrigue me more. Heterochromia I assume?"

"Haha yeah. Pretty rare all things considered, people mostly find fascination in them too."

My looks had always been something I was conscious of. This was a trait of my sister, the fact I cared quiet a bit about fashion and hair styles further fueled her excitement the day my left eye changed color. Of course this caused quite the confusion within the household.

In most cases, heterochromia is something people are typically born with. Genetic heterochromia is a congenital condition, meaning that it's present at or shortly after birth. There are also cases where heterochromia develops sometime later in life, typically only as the result of a disease, eye injury or...the result of intense trauma.

Besides from my eye color, I've received multiple comments about how nicely I looked. Most of these are from my sister, however occasionally some younger kohais would approach me and compliment my good looks with a blush on their faces. It at least proves that I'm not horrible looking...I think?

"So... what's your name? And what class are you in?"

I tried asking something normal for a highschool student. This was also a great opportunity to make friends with someone who may or may not be in my class, either way widening my circle of friends would definitely prove to be useful in the future if this person manages to obtain a good reputation. Thankfully I was blessed with the communication skills of my father.

"Katsuragi Kohei, supposedly class-1A this year. What about you?"

"Ah- Uehara Toshio, class-D."