Chapter 6

Aurora and I took the truck we found in Kamiree while Jeff's family took their truck. We followed close behind, turning right when they turned right and turning left when they turned left.

The ride there was silent, I was still picturing what had happened at the farmhouse. I glanced at Aurora, she looked strong as usual but I could tell inside that she was still tortured from what happened.

"How's your leg?" I asked breaking the silence. "I think Sauna put some numbing cream on it, I don't feel a thing" She replied. I nodded and looked back out the window.

Empty fields surrounding the road, I squinted and saw a city. It was Kamiree still destroyed. Aurora seemed to notice me looking at the wrecked city.

"We're going to get through this, together" She spoke. I nodded and we continued down the road still following Jeff's truck.

We soon pulled up to a blue and white mansion. As we got closer I noticed the houses number, 2064. We parked on the side of the road while Jeff parked his truck on the driveway.

Aurora got out and closed the door behind her. I sighed. Then my door opened, revealing Linda.

"I know we are just strangers but you can trust us" She spoke. I nodded and got out. "C'mon inside, we have food I'm sure your hungry" She continued. I nodded again. "Not much of a talker?" She asked. "Oh sorry I'm still a little bit stunned from earlier" I replied and we went inside.

Aurora and I sat at the dinner table, while Linda prepared dinner.

"What's for dinner?" Aurora asked. "Chicken" Linda replied.

We waited until I felt someone tug on my jacket, it was Sage.

"Can you play with me?" She asked holding up a Barbie Doll. "Of course" I replied and then Sage lead me to her bedroom.

We passed the living room to a grande staircase, we went up and down the hall to her room.

The walls were painted bright pink, with stickers of princesses and unicorns covering it.

"I guess the girl living here before you was a lot like you" I said. "Yea we could've been friends, until-" Sage was stopped as Jeff walked in.

"Hows it going?" He asked. "Good" We both replied at the same time. He nodded and left the room. I was curious until what?

"Until what?" I asked. "Dinners ready!" Linda yelled from downstairs. Until what? I kept asking myself. We both went downstairs to attend dinner.

The dinner was silent, then Aurora noticed me not eating my food. She then kicked me from under the table. I gave her a weird look, then I realized I wasn't eating so I ate.

I went to clean up the table then Linda stopped me saying that she would and that I should get some rest.

There was a spare bedroom that Aurora and I were going to sleep in for the time.

I cuddled in Aurora next to me already asleep. Then the question ran through my mind.

Until what? What happened to the family that used to live here?