chapter four - still waters

§ Chapter four §

I covered my bare body up with a sheet as I ran off to the bathroom. I changed into one of his t-shirts and a pair of underwear. I came back and felt Harry’s eyes on me. “Why don’t you come back to bed?” he asked with a grin. He swept his curls over and ran his hand through them. I hopped onto the bed with one of my legs on each side of his waist. I leaned down to kiss his pink lips. He ran his strong hands up my legs. “Again?” I asked with a smile. He simpered up at me, pulling me down to the bed.

The next day, I surprised Harry at his work. A small bell chimed when I walked into the dark store. The dusty shelves that coated the walls were filled with old records. Bins scattered around the store were overflowing with new CDs. Harry saw me and smiled around the old man he was helping. I wandered around for a minute before catching a glimpse at him. A bundle of tattoos were evident on his shoulder through his white tank top strap. A gray beanie covered his head, his curls peeking out of the sides. He looked like the ‘bad boy’ that your parents wouldn’t approve of, so you would have to sneak him in and out of your house. Something about that made me love him even more.

The old man left and Harry took my hands in his. “I missed you today.” I blushed and looked at his white Converse. “Let me take you somewhere.” he whispered. He put his arm around me and led me out to his car. We drove for a few minutes before arriving at the fair. Everything was powered down and nobody was anywhere to be seen. “What are we doing?” I asked. He just smiled and led me through the abandoned park, winding through roller coasters. We found a small spot by the lake where a canoe was perched up on the sand. I smiled as he helped me climb in. I sat across from him, watching his arms tense up with every row. We sat in the middle of the lake. The sky was dark and the water was calmed. He stared into my eyes for a second before saying, “I love you.” He laughed and looked down at his feet. I laughed and shoved his knee. “I’m not kidding!” he said softly with a wide grin. I leaned forward and kissed his cheek. He put his thumb on my bottom lip gently before kissing it. He moaned softly as I pushed him down, I could feel his hard stomach under me. I stared into his eyes for a few seconds and gave him a small smile. “You’re so wonderful to me.” I whispered. “That’s all I ever want to hear. I want to make you happy.” he whispered back.