Revisions

Blood poured from his mouth and the poor soul's neck. He pulled his vampire teeth out of his victim and peered up at Cody Nelson and his family of monster hunters.

"You vampire scum are done hurting innocent souls. We are your death. Come get some, Dracula," said Cody, in a strict but sarcastically comedic tone.

The vampire lunged for the crew as a small army appeared  in the darkness behind him. The Nelsons charged as the vampires followed suit. When they made contact, the Nelsons took the upper hand with their arrangement of powers. After a short while, the vampires were on the ground in defeat and the Nelsons stood victoriously.

"That was oddly easy. I guess vampires aren't as powerful as I remember," Cody said.

"I agree. Too eas—," Joey begins, interrupted by Cody.

"Oh shit!" Cody exclaimed before activating his ghost power. A vampire ran right through his body, only to be decapitated by Austin.

"Damn, we missed one. Joey and I will check around while you and Cassie Rose look for more vampires," Austin said, bringing Joey along as they both walked off.

"What do you want for dinner tonight?" Cassie Rose asked.

"Ooooh, I kinda want tacos. I also need to learn how to cook in case you have another solo case," he answered, remembering what happened last time.

"Alright. I'll show you how to cook tonight. Too bad your parents didn't teach you. No offense," she said, knowing she may have touched a sensitive topic.

"None taken," Cody replied.

"What's that on the ground? Is it shaking?" Cassie Rose said, stopping and looking around. The floor opened and swallowed her whole. Cody ran over with a flashlight, looking for her.

"Cass? Can you hear me?" He asked. "Fuck, a soul disruptor. Need to kill you, and fast" he muttered after hearing no reply from Cassie Rose.

"I will swat you like I swatted that pretty lady. No power can save you," the giant mole creature hissed.

Cody ran towards the monster and tackled him into the hole. As they fell, Cody activated his ghost powers and shoved us ghost hand into the monster's heart. He turned his hand from ghost to human and back, getting a better grip in the process. They were engulfed by the darkness below. Cody fully activated his power just before they hit the ground, surrounded by complete darkness. The mole's body flattens with a thud as it hit the ground. Cody stood, unable to see anything but the light from above. He deactivated his power and stood in his human form.

"What the fuck is this thing?" He muttered, investigating the body crumpled beside him.

"You guys down there?" Austin yelled, finding the hole Cody had just fallen through.

"Cody's down there, but I don't sense Cassie Rose anywhere," Joey said.

"Can you hear me? Cody, can you hear me?" Austin yelled, waiting for a response.

Cody could hear them loud and clear, but the pain of losing his wife was overwhelming. He sat on the cold, wet dirt and fell to his side. Tears made their way from his eyes to his cheeks. He felt a sudden rage and stood up, beating the shit out of the already dead monster.

"Probably best we wait for him elsewhere. I can sense his rage," Joey advised, retreating from the edge of the hole. Cody took his flashlight from his belt and turned it on. It's still dark, but the beam of light hits the ground and a startling sight greeted Cody. The ground looked alive, as if millions and millions of worms were twisting around each other to move.

"Nope. Fuck this. Nope nope nope hell no," Cody said as he jumped back. He activated his ghost form and flew out of the hole. When he reached the surface, he found Joey and Austin waiting nearby.

"What the fuck happened?" Austin asked.

"How am I supposed to know? This new fucking giant monster mole motherfucker killed Cassie Rose with a soul disruptor. How the fuck did it even get one?" Cody replied.

"No idea, but we need to head back to base and start an investigation there," Joey said.

Cody landed and the trio headed out the way they came.

"Fucking damn it," Cody mumbled, punching a hole in a tree.

"Woah there, let's keep the anger toward monsters, not nature," Austin said worriedly.

"Fine," Cody growled lowly.

They got in their vehicle and drive back to the mansion. It was enormous, including above and below ground housing, a tower with a helipad for each member of the family, and a thick wall with protective markings on it to ward off monsters. It was one of the safest places on Earth.

The trio drove up to the gate, heavy military enforcement surrounding the government checkpoint. They stopped as a man came over and leaned into the car.

"Welcome back Nelsons," he greeted them pleasantly, "where's Cassie Rose?" He questioned.

"Fuck off. Get us clearance so we can head in already," Cody growled angrily.

"Very well," the guard turned away and spoke into his headset. He turned back to the three. "Go ahead, you have clearance," he said before walking off.

They drove into the property, reaching the garage in about half an hour. They parked and walked into the house.

"I don't care about shit right now, so I'm going to my tower. I'll see y'all later when we start investigating," Cody said and turned away from the other two.

"Alright see ya. Check in with a therapist too. I know today has been awful. I'll notify the others when they get back from Greece," Joey said.

"Whatever," Cody replied and walked to his tower.

————————————