The Beginning of My Story

The man slid the parcel across the table. "I'll be at the meeting place with the money next week." I said. "And you know what will happen if you don't show up, right?" the man asked. Yeah, umm... beat me to death? As I get out of my seat, I roll my eyes and take the package.

Stepping out of the warehouse I check my watch. 11:41 pm. Damn, it's way past my curfew. Heather is going to freak.

My mother died giving birth to me, and my father abandoned me shortly after. I

was raised by my distant relative Heather ever since.

Once I reached my house, I slipped through the back door, and trotted quietly up the stairs.

"Where were you!?" Slipping and almost banging my head against the steps from the surprise, I catch the railing just in time.

"How come you didn't pick up my calls?" she asked with a worried yet stern voice. Greeaaaat, I'm busted. "My friend wanted to give me a package. And sorry about the calls, I left my phone in my room." still unconvinced, she said "Next time you're late, you're grounded. 4 days.". "Ok Heather, sorry about that." sighing, Heather replies, "Anyways goodnight. And don't stay up late, will ya?" "Yeah, don't worry." I say, and I climb my way up to my room. As always, it's a mess.

I sit on my bed and open the box. A bag of dried weed now sits on my lap. After making sure my bedroom door is completely sealed, and my window open, I start to smoke a joint.

Why were we born? We're all gonna die later anyways. So what's the point?

My name is Marie Campbell, and I'm going to commit suicide in 6 weeks.