The Stranger Down the Road

Someone grabs me (assuming it's the man from earlier) and takes me away. I attempt a scream, but no one hears me. I try desperately to break free, but the man keeps his strong hold. Then, he throws me over his shoulder and begins to walk. I start pounding on his back and then realize that it hardly fazes him. Think, think, think. Shocked that I didn't do this earlier, I lift my foot up, and swing it as hard as I can into his groin.

He then yells something I can't dispute, and he drops me to the ground, hard. I struggle to take the sac off and once I do, the man -who no longer has his hat- charges for me again. He doesn't seem very happy. "S-s-stay back!" I shout. Why did I even say that? It's not like he'll listen. Then, I throw my fists randomly in the air, hoping that one lands. Then it happens, my knuckles connects with his right jaw and he stumbles backwards. Now, he looks like he'll really murder someone. Ok I taught him a lesson, time to leave! I look around and realize we're not at the gas station anymore. Was I seriously carried this far in that short amount of time?

No matter, I start to run once again, but this time I'm going straight home, and I'm not turning around. But even from this distance, I can pick up the loud clacking of my pursuer's shoes not too far behind. To my relief, I spot a person further down the sidewalk. It's already dark and the stars are shining brightly in the black night sky. Please, please save me.

I can tell the man is starting to slow, and I can also hear my own heavy breathing. "Ex-excuse me! Please help me!" I shout to the stranger ahead. He stops walking and turns around. Now that I'm getting closer, I realize he looks about the same age as me. Hope fills my heart, but just as quickly as it began, it immediately gets swallowed by unbearable pain.  My head yanks back with my hair. Wow, he does not know how to treat a girl, does he. Then he impatiently grips my arms tightly so I don't get away. I let out a small shriek, and then I see something incredible. The boy is running towards me, his face genuinely worried. I feel so happy, despite being hunted down by a scary man, I'm still happy. No one actually cared for me liked that before. I'm being rescued. He's gonna save me.