Chapter 2 First Day Jitters

I woke up bright and early in the morning. I had that weird dream again like I normally did at the end of each day. It was of a fire that covered the world, I was running through the trees screaming out for someone in the distance. I could never catch them because every time I got any closer to them a light shined and I woke up. I shook it off remembering today is my first day of school at Falcon High. I got up and ran to my dresser to get dressed.

I dug through my dresser and finally found an outfit that I liked. It was a half white half black shirt with red, orange, yellow stripes on the white sleeve and green, blue, purple stripes on the black sleeve. It had a brown skirt and black tights. I quickly threw my hair into a high ponytail because of how long it was. I ran down the stairs, grabbed my stuffed animal fox backpack and slipped on my black flats. Mom was never home these days after dad's death last year.

I ran out the door and started walking to school. I was happy we moved out of our old house because I couldn't stay there now that dad was gone. The new house was amazing and I got a pretty big room. We only got this house because mom's work gave her a raise after dad died to make sure she didn't leave them because she was their best worker. I saw school was around the corner and started walking faster. I was so excited because this school would be way better than my last one.

This school didn't just have kids with powers, it also had people who could shift. I was so excited to meet everyone and hopefully make friends. I stopped in front of the school and took in how big and amazing the school looked. It was one of those brick ones but it looked amazing. It had weeping willow trees, which are my favorite type of trees. I pulled out my packet that told me where to go to get my schedule and information for school.

I walked into the school, It looked just as amazing as it did on the outside. I looked around and saw that the Magik's stayed away from the shifters and the shifters did the same. I guess even though they went to the same school they still didn't like each other. I followed the instructions and walked into the front office. The lady at the desk smiled at me and called me over. I got my schedule and a map, I thanked her and started walking to my first class.

People in the halls were staring at me and it really bothered me so I started walking faster. I got to my classroom on the bottom floor. I had english first thing in the morning and groaned. I hated having English in the morning. I walked in and saw the teacher at the front. I walked over to her and she gave me the information I needed for class.

She told me to wait till everyone got into the classroom so she could introduce me and pick where I sat. I smiled at her then turned to see what we were working on so far. Of course I had to wait and join in the middle of first semester so I don't have a clue as to what they are talking about in class. I check it out, I know most of what we are doing so far so it's not that bad.

The students start to file in so I walk over to the teacher. Everyone gets seated and she stands up and walks to the front of her desk. "Hello class we have a new student and I would like to introduce them to you all, this is Luna." I smiled a little and waved, some rolled their eyes and very little of them actually smiled back. My teacher, who's named Vera, looked around and pointed me to the seat at the very back next to this small calico cat shifter.

I walked back there and sat down. She smiled at me and said, "Hello my name is Ria Johnston and I will be your seatmate." I smiled, she was nice and so cute. I said, "Hello I'm Luna Fairchild as you heard earlier." We chatted for a bit till the teacher started class. It wasn't hard and I finished my work pretty quickly. When class was over I packed up and started to leave.

Ria walked up next to me and said, "So what's your next class?" I pulled out my schedule and saw that I had art next. I looked over and showed her my schedule. She looked at it and said, "We almost have every class together other than your art and gym." We chatted as she led me to my class. I learned that she just joined this school this year and not many people wanted to be friends with her.