Love Me?

"Daniel Moore" The officer said. I nodded and he showed me the way to an interrogation room where an attractive woman was sitting. First I thought she was my lawyer but then I realized she was the investigator. Maybe what I had to do wouldn't be so bad if it was her I had to do it with.

"Hello Daniel" she said politely

I was very distracted taking in my surroundings I didn't hear. This was the room I had seen so many times in those copper films. The gray walls, the pathetically simple table, the mirror that I knew was for other coppers to see from the other side, and the water dispenser. To top it of it was filled with fluorescent light. This whole room looked and felt gray.

"Daniel I am"

"I know who you are Detective Mendoza" I said trying to sound as calm and confident as possible. She smiled at me and proceeded to look at her file.

"Ok then Daniel I was wondering if I could ask you some questions"

"Of course detective I am willing to cooperate and help with whatever you need" I said and I winked at her. She seemed dazzled, she blushed a little bit before looking back down toward the file. Hmm this would be easier than I thought it would be.

"Ok than Daniel do you consider to know Eleonora Rayburn well?"

"Yeah we have been friends since we were little kids, because our families know each other and  school and because of the club it was inevitable that we would become close"

"Would you say your relationship with her was strictly friendly or..." she seemed to hesitate when asking this blushing even harder.

"Or what detective?" I said leaning forward 

"Or would you consider to have had a romantic relationship with her?"she finished that sentence in one breath. I almost didn't catch what she was saying.

"Hmm..." I took a small pause letting the atmosphere tense a bit more. "Eleonora and myself... we were only friends"

                                                         * * *

"Wait Danny let me catch my breath" Eleonora said panting

"Awww what's wrong Ms. Perfect can't catch me"

"Shut... up... you... prat" she finished trying to catch her breath

"Why should I shut up huh you know I am right don't you" I teased

"Just shut up"

"Or what huh"

"Orrr you'll see"

"What will I see Ellie" I kept teasing her. What I didn't expect was her to walk up to me, we were so close. I could see every detail on her pretty face, her beautiful blue eyes, her think and long eyelashes, her nice rosy cheeks and her full pink lips.

"You'll see Danny" she said her breath becoming a little uneven again. I wasn't sure if it was because of our morning run or something else. I was also getting a bit nervous what was this girl up to.

"Ellie what are you" I didn't have time to finish my sentence since she grabbed my neck and pulled me against her, kissing me. I never thought she would kiss me, we always joked about it but never ever  kiss. Obviously hanging out so much made us both develop feelings but we never acted on it. I loved how confident and sassy she was, a perfect girl. She suddenly let go of me realizing what she had done.

"I.. I .. I am sorry Danny I didn't mean to do that"

"C'mon Ellie we both know you did want to kiss me" I said smirking.  She looked at me confused and curious. Well I did love Ellie we were friends, we were always together through thick and thin. What I don't know is if I loved her so much in a romantic way, and I wouldn't want to hurt her by breaking her heart.