Chapter 1

Placing the suitcase on the bed, Leon neatly stores a few pieces of clothing that were beside him. Slow, calm movements, perhaps even a bit nostalgic, were accompanied by the satisfied smile on his face.

A good feeling permeated his chest, reminding him of his travels as a child. But times better than he remembered. He got the job he always wanted, he was recognized for his skills and his efforts, both by his superiors and by his family.

Raccoon City was not a very big city, not in comparison with the other cities in which he could provide his services. However, of all the options, Raccoon was the city with the greatest increase in violence in recent times.

Naturally, this caught the attention of the rookie cop who had great ambitions and wanted to make a difference.

As he finishes packing his bag, he runs his hand through his sandy blond hair and runs his eyes through his apartment. He left his parents' house at an early age, before he even finished high school. He would miss that place. And seeing his apartment empty like that left him with a great mixture of feelings in his chest.

Mostly good feelings.

He had already put most of his things in his jeep, only the suitcase was remaining. He was leaving only a few clothes and some belongings at his parents' house and hundreds of kilometers away.

Leon sighs nostalgically and walks slowly towards the table in the corner of the room.

His eyes fall on the gun on the table. A gift from his father soon after he completed his training. He affectionately nicknamed the weapon matilda, after his little sister, Mathilda.

His smile widened on his lips as he remembered his sister. Only two years younger than him. He had a good family. He got the job he wanted. He had a good amount of money saved up because from an early age he knew well what he wanted to be and worked hard to make it all work out.

Yes, things were looking good for the rookie cop. Despite his nervousness, he couldn't wait to get started.

Picking up his gun and placing it in its holster, Leon picks up his suitcase and walks to the door. Before leaving his apartment, he turned and looked once more at the empty room, letting out a small laugh as memories flooded his mind, and left shortly after.

The trip was uneventful. Leon was softly humming a song that was playing on the radio. He didn't listen to much music normally, but both his mother and sister loved Queen. In a way, he and his father were forced to learn the lyrics of some of the songs.

He liked to travel. To sit in the car that he bought with his own effort and money and just drive. It gave him a certain feeling of freedom. He didn't even notice the hours passing.

The light on the electronic panel indicating that the car was running on reserve was what brought his mind back to reality.

Blinking a few times, Leon sets his eyes on a gas station ahead and begins to slow down. It was already night, the road was deserted so he didn't find it necessary to turn on the indicator.

Parking the car, he runs his eyes around and stops them for a few moments at the police car parked there. The lights were still flashing, which meant that the policeman hadn't gone there just to fill up the gas tank.

While he put gas in his car, he checked his surroundings again. Everything was silent, and the gas station had its lights off, except for the headlight of the police car.

"...That's weird." He muttered to himself, putting the gas pump back in place. It was then that he heard something breaking, followed by low, voice-like noises.