𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟰 || 𝗺𝗿𝘀. 𝗰𝗹𝗲𝗮𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗹𝗮𝗱𝘆 𝘀𝗼𝗽𝗵𝗶𝗲

sophie began to aggressively clean the house seemingly getting every single nook and cranny there was to possibly find and clean. after she was done it was sparkling clean like dimonds " amazing " i let out in shock of how she had done it so fast and amazingly. she slowly attempted to finish the last step, cleaning the ashes. she took out calcifer and put him into a pipe i worriedly tried to tell her not to do that however she did it anyway bagging up the ashes and tying them, as she was taking them out howl came downstairs to witness trying to get out calcifer of the pipe sophie put him in. " i'd appreciate it if you didn't tournament my friend" howl said to sophie as she stood in the doorway, he walked to the door and switched it to black "markl make sure the cleaning lady doesn't get carried away when im gone " and with that he jumped out of the door into an abyss of black and red leaving me hopelessly staring after him. i zoned out for a while forgetting my surroundings. i fell asleep as they took the laundry to the lake, i could care less about what they did after all i was exhausted from walking so far the other night i had no clue how a old woman could have more energy after walking farther then me. they called me outside to join them for a snack,i quickly submit to an awake state, after all food food truly was my only weakness. i continued zoning out as i ate, sipping on my tea with a slurp. i looked out to the lake in awe, it was so pretty. " it is" sophie said and i gasped realizing i spoke aloud. we moved the table and chairs back inside, and we hung out for a while longer the others quickly fell asleep but i lingered a little. i never was one to sleep easily, i heard the familiar opening of a door and i shut my eyes hoping howl wouldn't notice me, my hair looked horrible and i would rather him not see me in this state. he trudged in and sat on the chair by the fireplace warming himself up i lay silently in the darkness on the other side of the room, i studied his features instead of paying attention to anything else, even with feathers he was still extremely gorgeous to me. they slowly faded into his normal self as i gazed at him, he walked off to take a bath snapping me out of my thoughts of admiration he noticed the curtain sophie was in and pulled it aside, she was more beautiful then anticipated in her non cursed state. why had she claimed shes never looked beautiful when she was as pretty as this i wondered to myself. howl looked for a moment then left. i woke late to hearing howl's shouting and crying he ran out in nothing but a towel crying, his hair was ginger? they spoke for a moment and i just sat kinda still asleep " it looks nice at least" i said not even noticing i spoke aloud " wrong !" he shouted back at me with tears in his eyes. the full realization of what he was wearing only just dawned onto me as i studied his back. the hair slowly turned from ginger, to brown, to black. he looked amazing with black hair. he started summoning "the spirits of darkness" as markl called them, i continued staring at his back fighting the urge to pat it. i noticed sophie pulling her hand away from him, it now covered in slime. she slowly backed up " fine ! so you think you have it bad i have never once been beautiful in my entire life " she said running off from the castle " thats not true " i shouted at her and turned back to howl slowly trying to caress his slime filled hair. sophie attempted to pick up howl and i tried to howl " sit down y/n its fine " she said with a smile i simply nodded in response and watched her drag him up the stairs, his towel fell to the floor and i looked away accidentally getting a full on view " shoot " i internally cursed at myself for looking. she handed him off to markl to clean and mopped again as i passed out on the slimy chair not caring at all.