Inked Heart café

Dedicated to my lovely inky_jin

Many people despise winter, while others adore it

Many people despise winter, while others adore it. Because of the cold, some people despise winter. Some people enjoy winter because it allows them to spend time with family and friends. Many people enjoy the warm drinks they can have while sitting next to the fireplace.

Kim Anshi was lost in thought while watching the city light up at 8 p.m. in New York City and didn't notice her boss, Choi Ha Rin, approaching her until she felt a tap on her shoulder. Anshi's body jolted in surprise because she thought she was alone in the office. I apologize for frightening you, dear. I called your name a few times, but you were probably so deep in thought that you didn't hear me. " Ha Rin laughed before taking a seat at Anshi's desk. I'm sorry, Mrs. Choi, I must have spaced out because I've been so swamped with work. Anshi gave a sluggish smile. "Are you looking forward to returning home?" Ha Rin enquired as she assisted Anshi in packing up her desk. "I am. I've been gone for five years. Now I'm returning as the editor-in-chief of a multibillion-dollar publishing company. I'm living my dream, and I can't wait to run the Korea branch with you as chairman. " Anshi replied as she finished packing and carried the box out of the building with Ha Rin.

"All right, shall we proceed before we miss our flight?" Ha Rin inquired, causing Anshi to laugh while nodding to Ha Rin. Even as they boarded their plane, the ride to the airport was deafeningly quiet. Anshi's thoughts were scattered. She left Seoul to become an editor because she loved writing, but she never imagined returning home. She kept remembering her old neighborhood and how much it must have changed. She couldn't wait to see her family, despite the fact that they talked on the phone all the time and visited her once a year. She also reflected on the person who pushed her to pursue her dream. "Will he remember me at all?" "Has he moved on?" Anshi murmured something to herself. She had arrived in Seoul before she realized it. It began to snow as Anshi and Ha Rin walked towards their cab. Anshi reached out to catch the snow as it brought back memories.

Flashback

"If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant: if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome. Meditations Divine and Moral ― Anne Bradstreet" Anshi was startled when she heard a boy's voice from behind her read out the words of the book she was reading. It was Saturday morning, and Anshi was waiting for her friends to arrive at a small cafe near her house where they had agreed to meet to work on their group project. "I'm sorry for disturbing you. I just wanted to give you this," the boy said as he placed a cup of hot coco and a slice of chocolate cake in front of Anshi.