[Page 1: Peaceful days]

---

"Rune, that was amazing!" The man's voice carried a cheerful note as he deftly parried my wooden sword.

My breath came in quick bursts, adrenaline coursing through my veins. I tightened my grip on the hilt, eyes narrowing. "Amazing, you say," I muttered beneath my breath. With a swift twist, I thrust my sword toward my opponent—my father, Asca.

His eyes widened for a split second before he grinned, a glint of pride in his gaze. "Of course it would be a miracle if you beat me at the age of 8!" He readjusted his stance, blocking my attack effortlessly. Then, with surprising agility, he countered, a swift kick aimed at my side.

The impact sent me stumbling, but it didn't hurt that much. I swiftly rolled to the side as an attack landed on my previous spot. I immediately stood up and swung my sword in a wide arc aiming for his side. I can see my father grinning widely at my attempt, I suppose it's time to try it now. With a deep breath, I enveloped my sword with aura and used an art [Power Slash].

The air crackled with anticipation as I focused my aura into the blade. The wooden sword, once a mere practice weapon, now hummed with latent power. My father’s eyes widened, and he stepped back, sensing the shift in the duel.

“Rune,” he said, his voice a mixture of surprise and pride. “What are you—?”

Before he could finish, I lunged forward, my feet leaving the ground. The [Power Slash] sliced through the air, leaving a trail of shimmering light. It connected with my father’s wooden sword, and for a moment, time seemed to freeze. The impact sent shockwaves through both our bodies, rattling our bones.

My father staggered at the force of the Arts and his grip on his weapon faltered. The clash lasted for a second before eventually the wooden sword cracked, splintering under the force of my attack. Using this chance, I quickly drove my sword through his chest but he caught it easily with bare hands.

As expected, there was no way I could win easily. But in that suspended moment, I glimpsed something in his eyes—a mix of surprise, excitement, and nostalgia. I let go of my sword and flopped myself on the grassy ground, my breath ragged. Victory or defeat—it didn’t matter. What mattered to me is there's a result on my efforts.

Now that I think about it.

Eight years. It’s been eight years since I woke up in this world. Not gonna lie, I was kinda excited at the thought that I got reincarnated into another world. I mean, who wouldn’t be, especially in a world where magic and other races from numerous types of fiction exist? However, my excitement crashed down when I realized the world I reincarnated into.

I was no more than a day old back then when I found out that I got reincarnated into the world where “That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime” took place. How did I find out? Well, information about my unique skill flooded my brain right after I realized that I got reincarnated.

My unique skill [Isolation] lets me form a barrier around my target and completely isolate them from the world. It can't be easily broken as it can maintain itself by absorbing the power from an attack inside and outside the barrier. If I remember correctly I got it when I was crossing the world.

Kinda funny, right? Letting me get excited before ruining it. Anyways, it’s not only my unique skill that led me to the conclusion that I got reincarnated in “Tensura,” it was also the name of a kingdom called the ‘Super-Sorcery Kingdom.’ A kingdom that existed way, way before the canon timeline happened. Right after that, I found out that I got reincarnated as a girl which totally killed my excitement. A twist of fate that left me feeling oddly displaced.

I was a boy in my previous life, so reincarnating as a girl gives me weird feelings. If I am to describe myself back then I'm leaning to the average side. My grades are not that bad either and at least I experienced having a girlfriend before I died. That's enough for me.

'Just thinking about the future makes my head ache.' I sighed as I enjoyed the soft breeze of the wind passing by. Suddenly, I found myself high up in the air with my father holding my small body with a wide smile in his face.

"I don't know what you did back then but it was very amazing, Rune!" He exclaimed. In that moment, I felt a sudden surge of pride and a small smile formed on my face. "Of course, I'm your daughter after all!"

This life is not so bad, I guess.

---

After the daily training with my father, I am now helping my mother in hanging the laundry. After I hung the last batch of clothes, I wiped the sweat that had been forming in my forehead.

A soft sensation enveloped me as my mother hugged me from behind. If you were to ask me to describe my mother, Alicia, I would say she's an absolute beauty. Hair as white as snow, eyes as blue as sky, and body that could match the top models in my past life. With her appearance you would mistake her for a woman in her twenties but in reality she's in her thirties already.

"Good job, dear," she murmured, her voice soft as a breeze rustling through leaves. Her hug enveloped me, and I closed my eyes, savoring the warmth and love that radiated from her.

I chuckled, feeling both comforted and slightly embarrassed. "Mom, I’m not a child anymore," I protested, but her headpats persisted.

“No matter how many times you say that,” she replied, her tone teasing, “you’ll always be my little one.”

"Geez..."

"Fufu, since there's no more chores left you can wander around the village." My mother said as she let go of me. Hearing that my eyes sparkled and I immediately dashed onto the street.

"I'll be back later, Mom!"

"Be careful, dear!"

The village I've been living in for the past eight years was located near the edge of the border of Super Sorcery Kingdom. Which makes our village acts as a trading place between nations and a resting place for travelers. Also Super Sorcery Kingdom is an elven kingdom so most of the people here in the village is elves with some being humans from different nations including my parents. From what I heard they're from the Eastern Empire, one of the nation that will be an enemy in the future.

Well, it will happen way way way far in the future and that's not my problem. I don't plan on getting involved with them.

(A/N: Jinxed)

“Rune!” The sound of my name carried through the quaint village square, where cobblestone paths intersected like a spider’s web. I turned around, my gaze settling on a cute elf running towards me.

“Listen, listen!” she exclaimed, her eyes shining. “My mother said I can learn magic now!”

Before I could respond she continued with a wide smile on her face, "And mother said you can come as well!"

Well, that was unexpected.

-----