𝐀 𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫, 𝐟𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚 𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐛𝐢𝐚𝐧.

TW: All kinds of weapons, murdering, blood, explosions, and alcohol use.

Please, take a look at the A/N at the end of the chapter before beginning to read. Mostly if you feel like murdering me for taking months to upload this story.

Five minutes or so had elapsed when you had finally managed to lose Violet in between the running people. The once bustling streets were being emptied as people fled from the disaster that had struck. Enforcers were ubiquitous in the area, making it difficult for you to continue your search for Powder. You did not have the luxury of time. Patience was not one of your strong suits, and you were determined to find her as soon as possible.

Your father's former soldiers had managed to obtain some information from a snitch, indicating that Powder would be in Piltover that day. Despite their additional intel, you dismissed them quickly. You despised those men and did not want them to think they had helped you more than necessary. You had been circling the streets where the explosion had occurred, following your instincts that somehow connected Powder to the incident.

Your suspicions were confirmed as you stumbled upon a dark, nearly empty street. Empty except for the fact you saw Powder standing just a few feet away from you in the middle of the road with her hands raised as two enforcers threatened to shoot her. "I suggest you and your partners give up and return the technology you have robbed," one of them commanded.

You wondered whether this was pure luck or if some mastermind who wanted this to happen already as much as you do was orchestrating this scenario, and you were just a hot character playing your part. "But I need it for a little project," Powder responded, her voice choked with tears. You knew she was playing with them, and it infuriated you. She raised her hands a little higher.

Her excuses fell on deaf ears, and the female enforcer demanded that she throw down her weapon. "You don't care, I see," Powder said with a sad voice. "Fine..." She hesitated for a moment before slowly lowering her hands. However, in the blink of an eye, she darted to the left, taking down the male officer and using the female one's weapon to eliminate her. She cackled like a maniac as she fired multiple shots at the downed man.

As you made your way towards her, you didn't bother to tread softly. The screams and destruction that permeated that side of Piltover provided enough cover for your approach to go unnoticed.

Finally, you had her in your sights –the girl who had taken your sister's life. But just as you closed in on her, mere centimetres away from her back, you sensed something was amiss.

You were being watched. Someone was closing in on you.

Reacting quickly, you pulled her body forcefully against yours, trapping her arms and relieving her both of her gun and the gun she had wielded just moments before. She didn't even have time to recognize you.

With a swift motion, you raised the weapon and pointed it directly at her head. "Oh, I was having fun!" She complained.

"Shut up." You groaned, jaw tight.

As soon as you turned both of you around, your eyes fell upon five men, standing in a line. Three of them carried leather bags, which led you to believe they were responsible for the catastrophe unfolding in the city.

The leader of the group, a man positioned in the centre, pointed his weapon directly at your head. "I suggest you step back, kid," he warned, his expression blank but his tone conveying his distaste for the way you held Powder at gunpoint.