7

“Papa! I have to go now!”  The little boy exclaimed while wearing his shoes before leaving the house.

“Wait up, honey! You forgot your lunchbox!” Heeseung ran toward his son to give him the lunch, he noticed that his son's hair was messy and fixed the hair neat. “And you are done! Behave yourself okay? Papa always loves you.” Heeseung kissed his son's cheek and hugged him tightly.

“I will! And love you too!” The little boy giggled while hugging back his father.

Park Jungwon was the little boy name, an 11-year-old kid, who lived with his father—a lone parent. He had another father but sadly, his parents got divorced because his other dad fell in love with someone else. His dad's name was Park Sunghoon, that's why his surname was Park instead of Lee. Jungwon decided to live with Heeseung because he was not comfortable living with someone who was a stranger to him.

“Oh! I almost forgot! Today, your daddy wants to see you. And he wants you to stay with him for a night.” Heeseung informed his son.

“What about you, papa?” Jungwon was worried about his father.

“It's okay, honey. Papa will be fine. So do you agree to stay with him?”

“I just want to hang out with him, not stay with him for a night... It's that okay?”

“Okay then! I will tell him.” Heeseung smooched his son's forehead as they bid each other goodbye before Jungwon went inside the school bus.

The divorce happened one year ago when Jungwon was 10 years old, and his dad—Sunghoon—confessed that he loved someone else. Therefore, they agreed to be separated, their marriage ended nicely. They asked Jungwon whether he wanted to live with Sunghoon or Heeseung. Jungwon answered that he wanted to live with Heeseung, his beloved father.

Jungwon did not want to leave Heeseung alone. Because he knew how his father despised being alone. At least, Sunghoon had someone to accompany him, that's what Jungwon thought.

After Jungwon came back from school, he was greeted with food on the table. His father set up lunch before letting his son meet Sunghoon. Heeseung called his son to eat and prep a backpack for Jungwon to bring. He brought extra cash (just in case), a storybook, Jungwon's mobile phone, and some snacks. 

“Eat up well, wash up and change your clothes afterwards. You don't want to meet daddy with that stinky clothes, right?” Heeseung chuckled when Jungwon shook his head aggressively.
.

.

.

.

.
Sunghoon arrived with gifts in his arms, and Jungwon ran toward him to hug him. Jungwon thanked Sunghoon for the gift and gave it to Heeseung, so he could keep it in his room.

“I will not be long...” Jungwon mumbled before releasing the hug from Heeseung.

“It's okay, honey. You can have fun with your daddy all you want. It's been so long since you met him. Just have fun, okay?” Heeseung smiled at Jungwon who was smiling back.

“Okay! Bye-bye papa! Love you!” Jungwon waved his hand before entering Sunghoon's car and they left out of Heeseung's sight.

When Sunghoon and Jungwon reached the mall, the duo was having a lot of fun, they visited the arcade and bought some clothes and toys. The smile never left Jungwon's face, however, he noticed something was missing. His father's presence. Before his parents got divorced, they would go to the mall together, and Jungwon would hold Sunghoon's and Heeseung's hands while walking. They were a family.