A Place Far Beyond My Reach

Chapter one: Shadows

It was dark.

I looked at the ceiling from my bed, black was the only thing I could see. Isolated and alone in my cramped room, i heard loud bickering coming from outside. I turned to my side so that I faced the old brown wooden door where the sound was coming from.

All I saw now was the shadow in the crack of the doors. The shadow of my parents. The black figures looked as if they were moving with anger. Again? i thought. this is getting tiresome for this happened ocassionly. The shouts and screams slowly echoed in my ears as it faded...

I couldnt keep up with my eyes.

My visions were getting blurred as I was too tired to keep my eyes opened. It slowly shut closed as my breathing became fully relaxed ..

Chapter two: Fragments

Pitch black. Again, I was in an isolated dark place. Except, this time i could see nothing, hear nothing. Scared and frightened, I screamed for mom, dad. No answer. Soon, i heard an echoing of laughter that seemed familiar coming from behind me.

But as i turned around, i could see nothing. Once more i turned around hearing the same warm laughter behind me. I saw, saw the image of my mother and father in the fields we always played in when i was just a child.

I saw myself, hand in hand with my mother and father laughing as i swung off the ground clunching to them.

Such warm memories. The times where we were truly happy. However another sound came from behind me, the sound of shattering glass hitting the floor.

That warm feeling didnt last long. The wrecked sound became louder from behind. To scared to look back i found the happy image of my parent and i slowly distantly fading from me. "Come back !" I trembled.

I repeated myself ; " come back ! mom ! dad !" . In despare, the warmth faded. I heard more glass being shattered. I was still in this dark place.

In courage, i finally turned around, only to see the unpleasant sight of my parents arguing while the me in the image was crying like the 6 yr old i was.

Why? Why is this happening? I wanted to go back. Back to the days where I felt.. such emotion, such warmth, such love, such memories ..

Chapter three:

" SHUT THE HELL UP ", my father screamed as he threw another one of his finish beers at the wall.

sneakpeak of chapter three.

thanks for whoever read ! im still new to wattpad

my friend suggested me this place.

comment and vote so i know if i should keep going? chapter three will be uploaded in a few days! or even shorter if i see that people really want it to go on ! so share to get a quicker release !

it gets way more interesting throughout the chapters.