Track

Colby POV
  I came home tired and heartbroken. Morgan was amazing. She had been through so much. And I liked her. A lot. Too much. Cliche, yes, but totally true.
  On that first day I saw her smiling, laughing with her friends. My friends saw me staring and made fun of me. Mr. Jacobs was yelling at us already. I rolled my eyes. "Alright, Freshman, come this way!" The girl and her friends, and my friends came up. Mr. Jacobs grinned.
  "Looks like it is Even Steven! In that case boys vs. girls! This is not a track activity but a team building one! Dodgeball!" The boys cheered and the girls groaned. Only Morgan seemed excited. Funny. Even when I had crushes on girls I never thought I would go easy on someone in a game of dogeball.
  "We are going to kick your asses!" Morgan yelled. Wow. It seemed my snooty friend Jordan had managed to get her mad already. I walked up to them.
  "Jordan! Lay off the girls! Or should I call you by your nickname? How about it, Snot eater?" Morgan laughed and smiled at me. Then she yelled.
  "Watch out!" The bastard had tried to punch me. I had ducked easily and would keep ducking. Which is what I did. Because to get in fights would mean no more track, and I lived for track. I kept ducking and dodging until Mr. Jacobs came over and dragged him away. Morgan came up to me, concerned.
  "Ohmygosh! Are you okay!" Her friends kept saying, but she just hauled me up (I didn't realize I had fallen) and said "The guy didn't land one solid punch on you." With a smile on her face. Then she walked away and won the Dodgeball game with the best strategies I had ever seen.
  I smiled at the memory. Since that day I had been constantly flirting with her and subtlety asking her out. She had been doing the same thing. When Drew died and I realized she was in the hospital too I tried to get to her. I wanted to help her. But they wouldn't let me in and she stopped going to track. I was devastated. So now I had volunteered to help her in therapy. They all said she couldn't be helped. That she was too bent on killing herself. I was going to give her a reason to live. I was going to tell Morgan how much I liked her and that things could change.